Technical ipod to the factory sat nav unit

Currently reading:
Technical ipod to the factory sat nav unit

donradious

ive been stressing out for the past couple weeks trying to figure out if theres a way to connect my ipod video to my factory fitted sat nav unit for a fiat stilo! please if any 1 knows reply cause its so annoying!

i have a fiat stilo 1.6 dynamic.

Google for Dension Icelink - £100. I've not used one, but if you'd like to buy me one to test, I'd be happy to give it a go for you! :D
H

hi thanks for that, is that the one that fits into the cd changer? and would it fit into the sat nav unit cd changer port?

I too have been on the hunt for a ipod connention to my sat nav unit and have found this little jem

http://www.ktduk.com/site/product.cfm?id=C46DB100-B23F-3E67-21E86DBD9EA05447

plugs into the cd changer plug (the blue one) and just gives you a headphone jack to plug direct to the pod, they dont promise it works with factory fit units but it's only 12.99, oh i have the punto hgt, slightly different to your unit but the principal is the same.

ah thanks alot mate, did this work for u? im going to purchase 1 and c how it goes. im just lost because once u put it in how do you play things?

Mine should arrive tomorrow, will let you know before you order if you like.

You just set the pod to play, and then select the CD-C (or cd changer) button, and it should spring into life, if not I shall have to fork out £100 for a dension

cheers, yea post another reply and tell me if it works. if it does dat will b sweet! wot year is ur punto?

Siboyslim said:
Mine should arrive tomorrow, will let you know before you order if you like.

You just set the pod to play, and then select the CD-C (or cd changer) button, and it should spring into life, if not I shall have to fork out £100 for a dension
Did you get this to work? I bought one, just with a headphone jck on the end and can't figure it out yet!

Pete.

Just spoke to KTD and they reckon it won't work as we know the CN+ requires shorting 2 pins to "fool" it into allowing u to switch to CDC mode, as the cable has only audio pinouts, it wont work.

It may be possible to "modify" but runs with risk of shorting the CN+ if not done properly.

Has anyone actually figured out how to connect an mp3 player to their factory unit and get it working with the cable from ktd

Yeah I am wondering the same as I am trying to acheive the same result. Tried the lead in my Punto Mid Factory fitted blaupunkt stereo, but no joy

I still haven't got mine to work... Admittedly I've been moving house over the past few weeks, so I've not had loads of time, but it's starting to bug me too.

There has to be some way to get it working... It's only an MP3 Player after all!

Pete.

Back