iphone query

• Thread starter Mike the dark lurker
  • Start date

Currently reading:
iphone query

M

Mike the dark lurker

hi guys,this is pretty much 1 for the iPhone geeks lol
does anyone know wether you can downgrade the iphone? i have a 3gs that is currently locked on orange and on 4.2.1. Orange wont unlock it as i wasnt the original buyer.I seen about the net you can downgrade it but for some reason its just not working for me
Either that does anyone know wether there will be or is an unthered jailbrake for it?.

Cheers
Mike

Downgrade possible but you have to have stored SHSH blobs.

But downgrading wont lover your baseband, so you cant unlock even if you downgraded to lets say 3.1.3. the baseband stays the same.

Only way to get it unlocked is to use 6.15 baseband that uses the iPad, but there are way too much problems after doing so (non functioning gps ....-IMO not recommended)

Untethered jailbreak for 4.2.1 was announced for xmas day, but Comex the dev behind it said he needs a bit more time, so I think it will be ready till new year.

More info about all here
http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

sven3.jpg

Members Site ---------My Site

I want to do the same thing, been doing some reading around and as previously mentioned it can't be downgraded without the SHSH blobs (whatever they are) being saved when the phone was in a previous OS. Sigh.

I think if you leave it for a while there will eventually be a way to do it through jailbreaking etc...I, however, just want 3.1.3 and none of this Cydia rubbish.

I just want my phone to work dammit!

*Untethered jailbreak for 4.2.1 was announced for xmas day, but Comex the dev behind it said he needs a bit more time, so I think it will be ready till new year8

yer i read that too on another blog about it being realsed on xmas but needs more time.It is 4 month old and i picked it up as a bargain.screen protectors unused..the lot. so think the best bet is to wait then?

Cheers sven

Ant,whats up with your phone/ have you been getting my texts?

you might be looking at a 05.09 bootloader for the modem firmware. Cydia can only downgrade from 05.08 BL.

Im on 05.09 but luckily it was on 02 so they unlocked it for me, wierd that oraange wont do it??

I aint got a clue about bootloaders lol I tried the downgrade that's on many forums i.e. downloading the required firmware, putting it in DFU mode etc. but obviously that doesn't work. came across the SHSH blob stuff and realised I was at a brick wall :/ I just want it to work seeing as though it's supposed to be a 'smart' phone.

Mike, since this topic is about iPhone's not working (properly) it isn't ironic that yes...there is something wrong with my phone lol I rarely get signal so when I do I get bombarded with texts from days ago, by the time I try and reply the signal has gone again! This is the main reason why I want the old firmware, that and the screen is intermittently unresponsive!

Sven, soon as i get it back from the neighbour (as h'e trying to fiddle with it) i will do.

Tom, been on the phone a few times to orange to different ppl and theyre all saying the same.

Ant, i wernt sure what your problem was thats all.