Barchetta Introductory message

Currently reading:
Barchetta Introductory message

Greetings fellow Fiat friends!

I have just purchased a 2005 Fiat Barchetta from Nova Scotia and migrated it to Ontario, Canada.

The car is in extremely good condition, but has a few items that need to be addressed before it will pass an Ontario Safety Standards test. Mainly the CV boots are cracked on both sides and the steering rack is leaking fluid. I imagine the CV boots are an easy fix if they can be sourced. For the steering rack, are the seals available for replacement?

I tried ePER, but it stops at 2004 Barchettas and doesn't recognize my VIN either. Any help in getting the required parts to Canada would be greatly appreciated!

Scott

Attachments

• Front Driver Side.jpg
    Front Driver Side.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    998.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Interior.jpg
    Interior.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
  • Rear Passenger Side.jpg
    Rear Passenger Side.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
  • Rear.jpg
    Rear.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
Greetings fellow Fiat friends!

I have just purchased a 2005 Fiat Barchetta from Nova Scotia and migrated it to Ontario, Canada.

The car is in extremely good condition, but has a few items that need to be addressed before it will pass an Ontario Safety Standards test. Mainly the CV boots are cracked on both sides and the steering rack is leaking fluid. I imagine the CV boots are an easy fix if they can be sourced. For the steering rack, are the seals available for replacement?

I tried ePER, but it stops at 2004 Barchettas and doesn't recognize my VIN either. Any help in getting the required parts to Canada would be greatly appreciated!

Scott
Hi from a fellow Mk2 Barchetta owner! I don't understand why ePER stops at 2004 when it is acknowledged that production ended in 2005. Others will know about the consistency of those parts between Mk1 and Mk2 Barchettas, but parts from a 2004 Barchetta will fit a 2005 registered model as my understanding is that they are the same.

Hi from a fellow Mk2 Barchetta owner! I don't understand why ePER stops at 2004 when it is acknowledged that production ended in 2005. Others will know about the consistency of those parts between Mk1 and Mk2 Barchettas, but parts from a 2004 Barchetta will fit a 2005 registered model as my understanding is that they are the same.
Awesome to meet you Kiwi!

Yes, mine was produced very late in the series. According to VIN, only a few hundred after mine.

My best friend bought it in Nova Scotia from a Sports Car Import Dealer, seems it came out of Japan to Canada. I'm not surprised, half of the warning labels under the bonnet are in Japanese. Hmm, wonder if I can get English versions to replace them now that it's a Canadian car ... Anyhow I digress.

Unfortunately, when he passed at the end of last year, his wife decided to sell me the car. It gets to stay in the extended family, and she doesn't get reminded of him every time she looks at it since I moved it out of Province. I'll always think of him every time I drive her though. Win win for both of us I think.

Scott

Hello and welcome
I tried ePER, but it stops at 2004 Barchettas and doesn't recognize my VIN either.
If you don't mind sending me your VIN in a private message then I'll look into why it isn't working. According to the underlying data there were 240 Barchettas produced in 2005 so hopefully it's in there

Back