Technical Intermitted loss of brakes

Currently reading:
Technical Intermitted loss of brakes

Ranger252

My 1994 Fiat Uno Fire (1100) has been suffering from intermittent brake failure. Nothing was done to the brakes there are no leaks but the every second push the pedal goes to the floor. I blead the system multiple times but it made no difference.

My 1994 Fiat Uno Fire (1100) has been suffering from intermittent brake failure. Nothing was done to the brakes there are no leaks but the every second push the pedal goes to the floor. I blead the system multiple times but it made no difference.
If you are happy there are no leaks from any cylinders and no loss of fluid then it is likely the master cylinder pressure seals gone.
Sometimes it can show if you gently press the pedal, then relax it a little and then carry on pressing it can go all the way to the floor and yet if you stamp it hard the brake works.
If someone is watching the open brake reservoir you can actually see the fluid raising again as the pedal is going down as it is returning to the reservoir.

Oo ok I will have a look at the master Cylinder. I am Guessing the entire cylinder must be replaced.

Back