Technical Interior trim removal guide/question amongst other things

Currently reading:
Technical Interior trim removal guide/question amongst other things

Old Boy

The plastic trim to the right of the passenger footwell is loose with one of the fixings rattling behind. How can I take apart to fix without breaking anything?

Searched the forums and guides but nothing obvious, unless someone can point me to it.

Also is there a quick way to stop the door locks rattling without having to replace them?

Has anyone stuck the dash top air vent down with glue etc as it has a tendency to start to lift from the right?

Cheers
Need to tidy a couple of things before the AGPss goes up for sale. Ta

The plastic trim to the right of the passenger footwell is loose with one of the fixings rattling behind. How can I take apart to fix without breaking anything?

Searched the forums and guides but nothing obvious, unless someone can point me to it.

Also is there a quick way to stop the door locks rattling without having to replace them?

Has anyone stuck the dash top air vent down with glue etc as it has a tendency to start to lift from the right?

Cheers
Need to tidy a couple of things before the AGPss goes up for sale. Ta

Not sure on the passenger footwell trim without looking at it.

The dash vent trim, you'll need some seriously strong stuff as its most likely warped as well.
I bought a new trim from fiat and it still doesn't sit 100% flush!

The door locks, wrap a load of electrical tape around the catches, if it doesn't stop then use more tape haha!
Mine dont creek anymore thanks to electrical tape :devil:

The trim on the right of the footwell, just give it a pull towards you, it will pop out!

Top vent will need replacing, it will be too warped to glue!

Best thing for rattles is sticky backed foam! Can get it in small reels that is about 2mm thick; wrap anything that moves in it!

The trim on the right of the footwell, just give it a pull towards you, it will pop out!

Top vent will need replacing, it will be too warped to glue!

Best thing for rattles is sticky backed foam! Can get it in small reels that is about 2mm thick; wrap anything that moves in it!

Pull it from the back though as there is a bit at the front that hooks on near the pollen filter which snaps easily

Thanks. The trim on the dash top, I've managed to settle back down. It's not warped too much at all. Hopefully it will stay down now.

Footwell trim. When you say pull towards you or from the back, what do you mean?
Seems to be in 3 pieces. Large piece joining the gear stick surround. Tiny piece looking like some sort of vent and another larger piece under the dash by the glove box.

Which bit do I pull/push and how?

Thanks. The trim on the dash top, I've managed to settle back down. It's not warped too much at all. Hopefully it will stay down now.

Footwell trim. When you say pull towards you or from the back, what do you mean?
Seems to be in 3 pieces. Large piece joining the gear stick surround. Tiny piece looking like some sort of vent and another larger piece under the dash by the glove box.

Which bit do I pull/push and how?

On mine the vent is attached to the piece under the dash.

The large bit around the gearstick is a pain to remove.

The bit under the dash is the one you pull towards you by getting hold of it towards the back of the part

Job done. Cheers.
No longer rattling.
Managed to get the dash vent to lay flat again.
Just going to try the door locks.

New front shocks getting fitted and a service in 2 weeks.

Should be back to great condition ready for sale in July.
Mrs has new car on order so this goes up when her new one arrives. Can't believe we've had it from new for 6 years, but kids are bigger and need more space.

Thanks everyone for your advice.

:)

Back