Technical Interior door handle problem

Currently reading:
Technical Interior door handle problem

iuly

Hello everyone! I am new here, I am from Romania and I am the happy owner of a Fiat Coupe.
Now, to tell you about my issue. When I bought the car, the door handle from the interior was deteriorated and didn't fit exactly in there. So I bought a second-hand one, exactly from the same car as mine but it doesn't fit an don't know why. I've tried everything I knew but I couldn't solve the problem

I will attach to this post some pictures with the handle from the left side (the one with problems) and with the one on the right side to see the difference. Hope you can help me guys, maybe I need another handle, or another door clothing, maybe another door. I must say that the clothing of the door is mounted corectly. Please help ! In the second and third picture you can see the one with problems.

Attachments

• Fotografie0041.jpg
    Fotografie0041.jpg
    566.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Fotografie0044.jpg
    Fotografie0044.jpg
    658.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Fotografie0045.jpg
    Fotografie0045.jpg
    643.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Fotografie0046.jpg
    Fotografie0046.jpg
    637.5 KB · Views: 16
Yeah, I agree with Chris! Looks like it's a rough job on a repair. You might be better off trying to get a spare door card with all the bits. If you have no joy getting hold of the card etc, I do have a spare and complete door in red. Let me know how you get on.

Hope you notice that the angle of the space where i have to fit the door handle is slightly different than the one on the right.. You recon that if i replace the door, or the door card i will solve the problem ? Thank you for your replies

You would be very kind to do so chris. Someone told me yesterday that I might have a 2 litre 16v door wich is different that the 1.8 litre door and that I must replace the door card and handle with the 2 litre ones. I don't know...I want to be sure it's the right one in order to buy it and in my country no one knows anything, please help ! What model is yours chris ?

Back