Technical Interesting results from changing plugs..

Currently reading:
Technical Interesting results from changing plugs..

shaun2007

Fitted a set of genuine plugs and HT leads to try and cure a slight hesitation i've had since buying my car (8v 1.2).

Now, I know this sounds a bit odd but I noticed after a day or so that my MPG meter showed a definate drop in how many it was doing to a gallon.

On my well traveled rat run (six months, every day) the MPG meter kinda averaged just over 50 MPG. I've even filled up and worked it back using a calculator and it did average out about the same.

I've just been out having fitted the nearly new NGK's that where in before I did the swap and it looks like it's doing more MPG once again.

I'll keep an eye on this and report back but looks like the standard Fiat (Champion?) plugs just don't work as well as the NGK's i've got in there.

There are different grades of plug. Some are designed to run hotter or cooler than others which is why manufacturers specify a certain type of plug for a given engine. The plugs now sold by fiat are NGK (for my Grande anyway).I have always preffered NGK over Champion. The plugs you fitted might not have been the correct grade thus affecting your fuel economy :idea:

Back