General Insurance

Currently reading:
General Insurance

Agree re postcodes......lottery all round.
Jtowers123...did you look at their black box price? Did you add some older drivers with no accidents; anyone else have any other Direct Line insurance (anything) as that reduces costs....ask anyone you know as does not have to be family just need their permission as all it asks for surname, date of birth, postcode etc.

Both my parents are with direct line so I out them on it, and that's with the box to!

I dont k ow if its been mentioned (phone wont load page 2 for somereason) but admiral do a 10 month insurance, you pay for 10 months but get a ncb. Admiral have been the cheapest for me, mods and all for the past 3years. I didnt opt for the 10 month option but it might be worth investigating :)

We looked at the Admiral 10 month thing and found it to be uneconomical.

eg, if your policy costs £1200 over a 12 month period, this would equate to £100 per month.
However, on the 10 month thing the price was £1100.
So yes, it gets you in to a full years NCD a few months early, but at the expense of £100.

So now you need to do some maths.
Bear in mind that you will get your NCD after 12 months anyway, it would have to be at least £600 cheaper than this years to reap your £100 back. (£50 per month for the first 2 months)

If you anticipate that next years NCD will be more than £600 cheaper then you may save a few quid in Months 1 & 2 next year.
However, you might as well just hold on for a few more months, and get what your'e entitled to rather than paying for it. Insurance is expensive enough without making it more expensive.

Back