insurance problems

Currently reading:
insurance problems

philipk84

hi all i'm having trouble finding insurance for my punto sporting 1.2 16v
i got it last year for when i passed my test but things changed an i never got round to taking it but here we are i'm a year older an i'm getting ready to take my test but my insurance quotes have gone up dramatically i've tried the comparison sites an i cant find a quote under 1500pounds but last year it was just under 1000

any help, suggestions, hints or tips would be appreciated as if i cant get it down i will have to sell an find something else

please help phil.

avoiding quinn is utter bull, year after year they have beaten any quotes with there first renewal, currently im 19 with 1.8 stilo insured @£900....and aesthetic mods are free...just a shame they have been taken into administration by fsa, they offred really good prices....now there being forced to offer "prices in line with the rest of the market" untill the investigation is over...(had a long conversation with a manager @ headoffice) atm the cheapest quotes seem to be coming from coverbox and LV...good luck

i was going to go with Quinn last year it was going to be 960 fully comp but when i went back last week an got a re quote it shot up to 1634 nearly double what it was before
The best Quote i got so far is from Nissan but thats still 1200 3rd party fire an theft

i was going to go with Quinn last year it was going to be 960 fully comp but when i went back last week an got a re quote it shot up to 1634 nearly double what it was before
The best Quote i got so far is from Nissan but thats still 1200 3rd party fire an theft

1200 is probably the best your gonna get

im with quinn it was £900 on my provisional passed my test and it went to £1400 just got my first years no claim and renewal of £987 which is cheap for me

A nice surprise. Did you not check it before you took the policy out?

my mate told me the week I took out the policy as the same happened to him, I managed get my money back and go with direct line ...

because the risk of a supervised learner and newly passed young driver are massively different

... direct line whom don't increase there premium after a driver has passed their test

... Direct Line who are the worst insurance company out there!

So how much did they charge then?

I assume it was a bit more than £700?

I know of someone who got their insurance voided by direct line just because the seats were different from stock, he bought it secondhand and didnt know they were aftermarket seats, extremely harsh if you ask me! :(

yeah I meant to add that, sorry. it was about 1500 quid ish. can't remember exactly it was the cheapest I could find except quinn and it's a hell of a lot better than 3 grand!. Yeah they are a bit crap with modifications but oh well. It's just insurance companies nowwa days I think

Back