General Insurance groupe

Currently reading:
General Insurance groupe

Mine is a group 3(y) (1997 mk1 55 s)
I would have thought the sx is also group 3:confused: coz all you get extra is a rev counter and head rests on the seats? + fogs

ihmm well im 18 and to insure my punto its gunna cose me £2700 per year! (n):cry: and was just wonder what groupe it came unda thanks ppl for the replys

Wow... im only just 18 and im paying £1198 a year for my insurance (with pass plus) 1997 mk1 55s 1.1L 3dr, living in London:p

I'm with endleigh car insurance 0 ncb, started policy when 17(y)

btw this deal came over the phone, while the online quoted price was alot higher.

They also do an accerator thingy, so 18 months 2 year no claims at the end, you pay for 6 months - half the price of one years, after the first year you'r next 12 months is based on 1 years ncb - provided you dont have an accident the first 6 months(y)

Wow... im only just 18 and im paying £1198 a year for my insurance (with pass plus) 1997 mk1 55s 1.1L 3dr, living in London:p

I'm with endleigh car insurance 0 ncb, started policy when 17(y)

btw this deal came over the phone, while the online quoted price was alot higher.

They also do an accerator thingy, so 18 months 2 year no claims at the end, you pay for 6 months - half the price of one years, after the first year you'r next 12 months is based on 1 years ncb - provided you dont have an accident the first 6 months(y)
I have no pas plus but the other porbs iv got is the mods on my car have bumped it up loads and my punto is a 1.1L 5dr, 55 sx

Don't know whether it helps, but my 18 year old son has a 2005 1.4 Citroen C2 Furio. He had similar quotes as it is his first car and he has no NCB yet. He passed his test in March this year and has not done pass plus (despite his Dad's advice!). He did the price comparison sites and also went direct to Arriva. They gave him fully comp for £1100.

Good luck in finding a better quote.

Don't know whether it helps, but my 18 year old son has a 2005 1.4 Citroen C2 Furio. He had similar quotes as it is his first car and he has no NCB yet. He passed his test in March this year and has not done pass plus (despite his Dad's advice!). He did the price comparison sites and also went direct to Arriva. They gave him fully comp for £1100.

Good luck in finding a better quote.

Personally i think Arriva or what ever it's called are pants.
I went to them and got a quite of JUST UNDER £5,000 on my 1.1L punto.
However i checked priceing on a new 1.4L punto and it was £2500:eek: i dont understand why a bigger engine would be cheaper to insure?:confused:

(3rd party fire and theft)

I am not sure how they work out their prices either and I was surprised by Arriva, as they had never been competative when I had sought quotes for myself.

What we did find was that for a younger driver, fully comprehensive was often cheaper than 3rd party. We also found that our existing insurers wouldn't put him on our existing policies for the Ulysse or 1.6 Punto Cabrio, yet neither of these cars is as quick as the Citroen. Perhaps they consider that a driver of a newer car with fully comp will be more careful and a better risk. I don't see it myself.

what counts as a mod for insurance?
Mine has body coloured bumpers, fiat alloys and sporting spolier - all option parts when the car was bought in 1997 - so when i bought my car 09 ish the owner who had it thought they were standard...??:confused:

The car looks pritty standard yet "nice" so a top spec version of that model, nothing over the top

normally anything thats not factory fitted as standard is classed as a mod, this includes optional extras in a lot of cases. it changes from insurer to insurer on if they charge more tho. as a rule of thumb tho, a mod is something thats been fitted/changed after production.

And I thought my current quotes at £240 fully comp were expensive on a 2002 1.2 16v Punto Sporting

:ROFLMAO:

my grandparents insurance for a year is less than £1:eek: 23p or 26p forgot what he said, he went to every insurance place asking them to beat his quote and came to this:eek:

I wish my quote was as low as £240:(

Back