General injection system warning light

Currently reading:
General injection system warning light

0ldie

Hi All. The injection system failure warning light on ducato diesel 3.00lt now on. Where do I look to find the problem.?

Hi Oldie,

Do you have any history of previous problems, or rough running?
Can you get the fault code(s) read out?

How do I go about getting a Fault Code Readout?
No previous problem although van seems to be down on power.
Only info I can get is from the glovebox manual. This tells me to contact a Fiat Dealership.
Nearest one is over 300kms away. Thanks for being in touch.

So no Fiat dealer in Whangarei? A simple code reader should be able to read the codes, but may not interpret correctly. It has been said in a similar context that "What you need is something that speaks fluent Fiat." Software called Multiecuscan is popular on this forum, but needs a Windows computer and adapter cables. I am not an expert in this area, but forum member @theoneandonly has uploaded several guides etc.,and I hope that he and/or others will be able to offer further advice.

Last edited:
One possibility that is relatively easy to eliminate is rodent damage to the air filter. The debris created can wreak havoc with the mass air flow sensor, which is dowstream of the filter.

I have a OBDlink SX usb adaptor supplied from Gendan with Multiecuscan. The addition of a Usb/micro extention to a phone (samsung j6) allows me to use Alfaobd.
i have aquired a Bluetooth Vgate-iCarPro £24 from ebay. Beware there are cheap (£10) copies that do not work. I have had This working with both Multecuscan and AlfaOBD.
With your location you may be best downloading direct and Getting OBDlink SX or MX+ direct from states (be sat down when you see price)
multiecuscan.net/
My reccomendation for you would be OBDlink SX multiecuscan and a windows laptop.
You do not state precisely which ducato (x244,x250 etc) you have, so a sanity check of this page is needed

You do not state precisely which ducato (x244,x250 etc) you have, so a sanity check of this page is needed
I think that the 3 litre engine was only offered with the x250 model. If @Oldie wishes to confirm that his vehicle is in fact an x250, may I suggest that he looks at the VIN number, either on the VIN plate, or in the registration document. I expect it to have the format ZFA250xxxxxxxxx. Hence x250.

I think that the 3 litre engine was only offered with the x250 model. If @Oldie wishes to confirm that his vehicle is in fact an x250, may I suggest that he looks at the VIN number, either on the VIN plate, or in the registration document. I expect it to have the format ZFA250xxxxxxxxx. Hence x250.
Greetings. Vehicle is Fiat Ducato 2011 motorhome model Voyager 695EL . VIN ZFA25000001824739 . Engine Iveco (SOFIM) Code F1CE04811D Capacity 2999 cm3. Fuel Diesel.
Dash warning light shows picture of engine. Handbook states this is "Injection System Failure". Is vehicle safe to drive and what may be required to fix the problem. Any information would be helpful.

The only sane way to sort it is connect a computer/scan tool to the vehicle to read from the vehicle injection computer ECU why it has turned on the warning light.

The system is complex and there are many many causes for the ECU to turn on the warning light.

Please post back on here with fault code or description when you know what has caused the warning light , lots of people will be happy to offer helpful suggestions.

Best wishes
Jack

If your warning light is amber, and goes out when the engine is started, then your engine has given a transient alarm, for which the code will be stored. Such alarms can be reset with the help of Multiecuscan, or perhaps a code reader. They should not however be ignored.

In order to proceed, as previously suggested several times you need to read the codes, or have them read. I have also suggested checking the air filter as a simple preliminary, which suggestion you seem to have tacitly ignored. If you do not feel competent to carry out this work, including reading codes, yourself then perhaps one of your local garages could assist?

If your warning light is amber, and goes out when the engine is started, then your engine has given a transient alarm, for which the code will be stored. Such alarms can be reset with the help of Multiecuscan, or perhaps a code reader. They should not however be ignored.

In order to proceed, as previously suggested several times you need to read the codes, or have them read. I have also suggested checking the air filter as a simple preliminary, which suggestion you seem to have tacitly ignored. If you do not feel competent to carry out this work, including reading codes, yourself then perhaps one of your local garages could assist?
Have had check and result shows as "P0638 Throttle Actuator Control / Performance Bank 1 " What does this indicate and is it fixable? Motor is 3lt Iveco on Fiat Ducato Motor home 160 Multijet 2011 model.

If you look down at the accelerator pedal where your right foot rests when driving, you will see that the pedal is attached to a two section black boxe. These s ectionsare house accelerator potentiometers which provide the inputs to the engine computer (ECU). The ECU has detected an abnormal input from one of the banks. This could be due to failure of that bank, or the wiring connecting it to the ECU, which passes through several connectors.

Yes it is fixable either by replacing the accelerator assembly, or wiring repair, as necessary.

With ignition on, and the Throttle Actuator connected, the six way connector should have two poles at 0V, two at 5V, and the two outputs an intermediate value.

If you want more information, you could download eLearn for the x250, which is available in the downloads section. However be advised that using eLearn has been described as "like peeling the layers off an onion". Another approach would be to use the forum seach facility.

Back