Technical Induction Kit for Marea 2.0l 20v.

Currently reading:
Technical Induction Kit for Marea 2.0l 20v.

JOFF

Looking for opinions on Induction kits for my 98 Marea Weekend 2.0l 20v.

K and N? Piper Cross? any other which may better suit? :confused:

Depends whether you are looking for a styling touch or simply performance.

If only performance then a K&N panel filter in the existing box will give you just about the same gains as a full induction kit.

If you want something to look good then as there is not really much difference between the kits just go for one that you like the look of.

https://www.fiatforum.com/marea-technical/7540-air-box-modification.html

Last edited:
Hi Mate.
Personally, i've heard K&N induction kit's and I don't think much of them, especially their price £79.99 Umm !!

But I thought I'd do it myself and I must say, my car sounds as if I've got a new exhaust system. It does sound VERY good.

Anyway below I've given you what I have bought and where you can get it all from, and all for around £40.

You will need these part's:

My Filter:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SPEEDTEK-SYST...8QQihZ004QQcategoryZ36680QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

My Chrome 45 degree Tube:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Universal-Alu...hZ008QQcategoryZ36680QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

My rubber reducer 70-75mm version:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Reducer-Conne...hZ007QQcategoryZ36680QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Pic 01
DSC01161.jpg

pic 02
DSC01162.jpg

Cheers.
Rob.(y)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
The only problem with some of these ebay filters is that the amount they filter the air by is unknown. K&N although more expencive are a known good filter. The medium is good for trapping dirt and if placed in the right spot i.e. away from the heat of the engine they can be better for cold air flow.

The amount they improve performance is marginal though. You could probably get the same performance by changing your original paper filter more regular.

But have you heard a K&N, they sound tacky, but to be sure, I took out my MAFF sensor, and it hasn't gained any sticky (Oil like) residue or any fine film of grime or dust, still looks like the sensor's new even after 8 years.
But the next thing for me to check are the emmision's at my next MOT. (Very soon)

Then again, brand and style are a preference though.

Rob.(y)

Got a K&N on my Tipo.. Sounds like a great roar especially when opening it up in 4th...

Not got a MAF on the Tipo to compare though, its a totally different engine so thats that. :( How long have you had that install in? It looks nice and professional. Awaiting your MOT results with interest. Got them from last year to compare?

Fair enough, I did hear a K&N system on a 2003 Vectra 140 SRI and that sounded awful, but as you said, your K&N sound's great. It's probably down to his Vectra then.

I had a look, and I've still got the emmisions results from last years MOT, I must admit I can't wait for this years results just for a comparison.

But Fair enough mate, it's all down to one's own preference.

Rob.(y)

Cheers boys! Another option for me to consider.

I had modified the airbox, using the instructions on the forum, and was going to just change the panel filter. This new option would prob cost about the same. Minus delivery i spose. I like the look of it tho! Might wait for your mot results and just leave it how it is for now. Cheers.

I just bought a cheapo Halfords filter for £26 and got a bit of stainless stell pipe i had and put it on.
You can hear it sucking the air through the wing on tickover when youre outside but dont hear it whilst driving normally till you sink the throttle down a bit and it roars nicely. :D
Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Nice looking, I've seen that filter down my local Halford's. Mine does give a nice V8 roor above 2,500 rpm. And I can only hear mine suck in air when my car is on choke in the morning, (Normally 50seconds) apart from that, I love surprising those pimped up BMW's oh and those damn nova's.

Rob.(y)

Back