Induction kit and alternative name

Currently reading:
Induction kit and alternative name

cojones

Been trying to get quotes and everything, however I can't see anywhere "induction kit" on the options on the insurance websites when declaring mods... I've been provisionally checking "air filters", but is this right? if not, what to choose?

some of them have something like "power increase upto 5%" or similar you can choose

or like mountainmachine said get a quote over the phone
Believe it or not I'm going to insure with Admiral, and their telephone quote with the same data was even more expensive. Not using Adrian Flux because I'm not a UK national and I've been UK resident for less than 3 years (n)

I tried to tell the lady on the phone about the induction kit and she said "induction whaaaaa sir??" lol I'll try the other option you mention (+5% pi), but it appears under "engine modification".

Go for air filters and don't let them make more options that confuse people. If it is the only listed things than it isn't your problem if it is described the closest to what it is. You always can say that you declared it in the way they required.

Cheers guys, at the end I used "air filter" as suggested and I am ensured today from 4pm :D my car arrives at around 5.30pm :D

is lowering classed as a mod?

Yes it is, I think you'll find that if it came down to a claim, an insurance company will try and a class a fly splattered on your bumper as a modification if it means they can get out of coughing up for a claim, lol.
Seriously though, any change to the standard spec is generally classed as a mod, even if it doesn't make the car faster, they still need to know.

Yes it is, I think you'll find that if it came down to a claim, an insurance company will try and a class a fly splattered on your bumper as a modification if it means they can get out of coughing up for a claim, lol.
Seriously though, any change to the standard spec is generally classed as a mod, even if it doesn't make the car faster, they still need to know.

Funny that, because when some idiot on a bike hit me and wrote off my car the insurance company came and inspected my car, bearing in mind it was lowred " but undeclared" the didnt pick that up, and the abarth spoiler, tinted windows and stupidly big exhaust did give them a hint either

lol

Funny that, because when some idiot on a bike hit me and wrote off my car the insurance company came and inspected my car, bearing in mind it was lowred " but undeclared" the didnt pick that up, and the abarth spoiler, tinted windows and stupidly big exhaust did give them a hint either

lol

Your one of the few that gets away with it.....

lol

Yep, must have been lucky, or had a lazy assessor. If the m/cyclist had been seriously injured or died, the police could have seized the vehicle for forensic examination, and then there would have been a whole world of trouble!

Alan

Back