General Induction Hose

Currently reading:
General Induction Hose

Sorry if this is a nooby question (hey im new)

I have a K&N induction kit on my sei (i know GSR are better but hadn't heard of them at the time) and obvioulsy its in an awful place.
Just sat ontop of the throttle body sucking in warm air all the time, even with a near useless cold air feed

Clicky

So i want a set up that moves the air filter away from the top of the engine.
Bit like this one:
Clicky
(borrowed from another thread)

However was looking on ebay for pieces of sillicone hose on ebay and ended up finding This Shop. So i figure i would need 2 pieces of 90 degree hose and one piece of 45 or 135 degree hose to move it into a similar place as the one in the photo above.
Similiar to GSR placement.

Just wondering what is the piece that actually attaches to the throttle body is called; This Bit.
Then ill buy the bits whack it all together and hey ho, ive got an induction kit that gets a bit of colder air.
I will also move the crappy K&N cold air feed to meet the new filter placement.

OR
Should i just forget about this and just get a GSR kit? :p

I would like to do that but just want something that i can say, i tried throwing one together and if it all goes horribly wrong (which im sure it may) i atleast gave it a go.

Cheers
Pirus

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Well, went to my local scrappy.
Guy got confused when i said i wanted the small 'bob' ontop of the throttle body.
"Mate cant just sell you a small piece of crap, id have too sell you the whole SPI unit"
Told me it would have been £45.

"No thanks mate"

Should have told him i wanted part of airbox hose or something.

Going off too scrap yard near me brother, went their before and guy told me i could have had a sei for £100. Everything. Engine the whole lot.
Definitely easier when someone you know someone who knows the owner. :p

Back