General INDUCTION 1.1inj engine question.

Currently reading:
General INDUCTION 1.1inj engine question.

Guys does anybody know if an induction airfilter made to fit the fire 1000cc engine,will fit the 1.1 inj engine in my 4X4?cause the airbox for both engines seems the same?other than my 1.1inj airbox being blue in colour!!any info would be great.:)
Damien.

the only difference in the air box is the diameter of the circle that the carb sits in... it's slightly wider on the turquoise airbox's. I believe the filter is the same size... personally i wouldn't bother with the induction kit... a replacement filter is a better bet.

I agree with Tony you will get a little better airflow and maybe a little more noise from the exhaust but very little extra power. But in answer to your question I believe the size of the airfilter is identical as I have an injection front section of the box with a 1000fire rear section and they fit perfectly together.

Alan.D said:
I have an injection front section of the box with a 1000fire rear section and they fit perfectly together.
strange thing is that front injection thing came of a 1000s(super) ... which are carbed normally.

Thanks for the info guys,ive been umming and arrrhhing over this one for a while!!just that out here in the summer the amount of dust and flies that get jammed in my paper filter is crazy:( !just thought with an induction filter that sits on top i wouldnt have that problem all the time!!as long as the cold air feed tube isnt pointing directly at it!! :idea:
Damien.

Back