Technical Increase power?

Currently reading:
Technical Increase power?

cbfb10

Hey everyone :) I bought a 500 sport a few months ago and I'm in need of some more power its just not enough for me. But I love the car to death. I bought a k&n cold air intake and noticed a subtle increase in power, and I am thinking about getting a performance chip but I don't want to void the warranty. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hey everyone :) I bought a 500 sport a few months ago and I'm in need of some more power its just not enough for me. But I love the car to death. I bought a k&n cold air intake and noticed a subtle increase in power, and I am thinking about getting a performance chip but I don't want to void the warranty. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Easy. Just trade it in for this. Lots of folks here in the UK have done exactly that.

It's hard to get much more power out if a normally aspirated engine without swapping the cams and remapping the fuel injection and timing to suit. Is it a 1.2 or 1.4?
If 1.2 it won't be worth doing much more than air filter and exhaust which might liberate a few bhp (it'll sound a lot faster though)
Magneti Marelli do a nice exhaust. Supplier is DotShop Italy. They ship to UK.
Cheers,
Ian.

It's a 1.4 but I am seriously considering trading it in but it's not very easy to find 500's in my area

Aside from the Abarth option (previously mentioned) with the new NA multi-air engine there probably isn't that much you could do with it. Thread on before from another North American owner and he went to great lengths to lighten the car. The European 500 1.4 is 930kgs and U.S. one is 1065kgs. Removing the back seat, lighter wheels & battery, etc. didn't get it down to the European one. You do have the option of the Fiat 500 Turbo which just might be the best option.

Hi,

I would love to see a Fiat 500 Abarth with the DDCT transmission, because my wife will not drive a manual. If I were the OP, I would take the folk's advice, if he can drive a stick, and go for a trade on the Abarth. The Abarth is a whole new ballgame. I literally drool when I think about it!

Aside from the Abarth option (previously mentioned) with the new NA multi-air engine there probably isn't that much you could do with it. Thread on before from another North American owner and he went to great lengths to lighten the car. The European 500 1.4 is 930kgs and U.S. one is 1065kgs. Removing the back seat, lighter wheels & battery, etc. didn't get it down to the European one. You do have the option of the Fiat 500 Turbo which just might be the best option.
Are you sure its 930 kgs? I think its a bit more with the glass roof and dualogic and 15/16 inch rims. Maybe the pop version is 930 = ) I would love to weigh mine, but weighing a car is no easy task.

Are you sure its 930 kgs? I think its a bit more with the glass roof and dualogic and 15/16 inch rims. Maybe the pop version is 930 = ) I would love to weigh mine, but weighing a car is no easy task.
Actual weight isn't all that important but the relative weight difference is between the 2.

According ot the figures I could find, the European 1.4 Sport was homologated at a kerb weight of 930 kgs,
The 1.4 Lounge is listed as 1005 kgs
1.4 Lounge Duologic 1055 kgs

You need to buy a go pedal throttle sensor you can get it from 500 madness

Kind of lame don't you think he just wants to increase horsepower little bit and you and switch the whole car out

Looks like u graduated high school customer I'm proud of u but u should know that not all is as smart @#% as others so ty for the tutorial

Back