Technical Identifying cam mk1 turbo

Currently reading:
Technical Identifying cam mk1 turbo

gtirx2

I have stripped a couple of top ends and have found one cam that measures 9mm lift in and ex.
Where as all the other cams i have measured come out at 8mm lift in and ex,which i think is correct for the mk1 stock cam?
The 9mm cam also dont have Fiat stamped on it like all the 8mm's do.
The 9mm's groove for the distributer looks correct and original so i dont think it a mk2 or punto cam?
Do all orginal Fiat cams have Fiat stamped on them?And do any of you guys know of any cam makers that produce a cam with 9mm in/ex lift?
I cant seem to find any and would like to know what the duration of this cam is.
All i can seem to find on the 9mm cam is a small circle with maybe a C? stamped into it on the middle of the cam?

1500 Strada cam has more lift. Something around 9mm. It should still be the same thought with Fiat stamped on it. Chances are you have an aftermarket cam.

Thats for the reply mate,someone over on the turbocollective site mentioned it could be an x1/9 cam due to the small C stamped onto it but i have had a look and i dont think the lift is as high as the x1/9 cams.
I am pretty sure its a fiat cam now though because of the C.
Maybe Fiat was not stamped into the early cams,and if thats the case it could be a strada cam like you mention.
Do you know the full specs for this strada cam?
He is a youtube clip of an x1/9 cam with the C stamp.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zKLClSzbPg"]YouTube- ‪Fiat X-19 Camshaft‬‎[/nomedia]
And heres mine
cam.jpg

Thanks for looking for me mate!

I am pretty sure all my other cams must be 1301cc ones then as they all have fiat stamped into them,i also think they may have numbers on them aswell though.

Did the 1299cc cam have fiat stamped into aswell or was it just stamped with a number?

If the 1299cc cams are stamped fiat aswell plus a number i think that they maybe 1299cc cams,i will have a look through them at somepoint.

Still a bit unsure about my plain circled C cam but it is possible that its out of an x1/9.

Yep i think i may have seen the triangle thing on a couple of them,think it is like a 3 line triangle thingy lol.

Think i may have a few of each by the sounds of it.

Thanks for the info mate;)

Back