General Idea rear wiper needed

Currently reading:
General Idea rear wiper needed

marc.knuckle

i need a rear wiper for my fiat idea 2004 or at least the blade but unfortunately it seems very hard to find one. not even halfords seem to have them.

i even went to the local fiat colliers in acocks green birmingham and although they can still fix my headlight problem apparently(see my other thread), they dont keep parts for fiat anymore(??)

anyone know why it is so hard to find one and where i could be directed to?

Is it just the blade you're after? or a whole replacement arm?

If it's the arm, would a different Fiat offer a suitable donor? (eg. Punto?)

EDIT:

Shop4Parts stock a full rear wiper arm for the Idea - donate to the forum and get 10% off :)

Last edited:
Just go to the motor factors and buy a universal blade and cut it to length, i got one for the punto and one for the idea and it cost me about £3 compared to £25 from fiat for the whole arm as they dont sell the blades seperate.

cheers guys.

y14086, i believe it approx 12 inches.

i dont really need the whole arm but i didnt know it could just have the blade replaced.

Hi
When my went all i did was buy a cheep £2 blade approx 12" unclip the rubber cut it to exact lengh and with a bit of flexing popped the old rubber off and the new one on. To save cutting the the 2 thin metal strip-strenghteners on the new blade i used the fiats original ones.

Hi guys if you look on ebay you can buy a new arm with a blade for around £16 then it's 2 mins to fit , it's the same as the one used for a alfa 147

Ok . Mark ( idea owner)

Back