Technical IAW Scan2 ecu no response

Currently reading:
Technical IAW Scan2 ecu no response

rb46dk

Hi all. Finally got my cables and IAW Scan2 working... but not quite working. First of all, thanks for all the previous posters for getting me this far but this time my search came back with no results!!!

So... Ive plugged it all in, USB cable reporting as COM3, manual set to 16F ECU, all looks good, IAW Scan says turn on ignition, so I did, but... I got no results and every parameter came back with #ERR and I recieved a message saying ECU No Response!!!

Please can someone advise? What could be causing this?

It seems pretty hard to find information about IAW Scan2 software on this forum. The readme file that comes with the software doesn't help much unless I'm being stupid (again). Is there any simple/basic set of instructions for the software? I've had to search the forum for bits and pieces about how to make it work and figured it out. (It's still not working though and I don't know why). Am I being stupid? I'm not experienced with forums and always struggle to find what I'm looking for using the search function. Don't get me wrong, the fact that this software exists is amazing and I have the utmost respect for the developer. I just can't seem to find a simple set of instructions for how to use it, how to understand the error messages, or how to interpret results. Is there something like this that I have failed to find or do I just come back to the forum and ask every time I get stuck?

It looks like people now are recommending multiecuscan but it also looks like IAW Scan2 is an awesome piece of software for my '96 cinq ECU. I'm not looking to rewrite my ECU coding, I simply want to read/interpret/clear fault codes.

did you buy the fiat cables with the 3 pin plug?
did you connect the positive and negative of the cable?
Do you have the KKL VAG cable and the correct driver?

At first I didnt install the cable drivers and it wouldn't work. Then came back to the forum. Found a post about drivers and installed the drivers. Now it seems to be working as a set-up. Just reporting back as "ecu no response"???

At first I didnt install the cable drivers and it wouldn't work. Then came back to the forum. Found a post about drivers and installed the drivers. Now it seems to be working as a set-up. Just reporting back as "ecu no response"???
certainly the wrong driver for the cable. it happened to me when i changed my KKL to a new one

That's amazing. Thanks so much. Will contact cable supplier for correct driver.

did your diagnostics port have the little cover on it or not, many don't and it might just have a bit of corrosion or dirt in there stopping good connection having not been covered for years.

could also just be a dud cable, theres many many poor quality cheapo cables out there. its a lot more money than a ebay china special but you might try one from Gendan if you have eliminated other possibilities - think they are about £20 but its a UK company with good customer service if you have any issues. https://www.gendan.co.uk/product_VAGUSB.html

Back