I WANT SHINE!!!!!!! (and waxing tips)

Currently reading:
I WANT SHINE!!!!!!! (and waxing tips)

seem to be forever polishing my car and getting nowhere. using AG SRP- damp microfibre, one panel at a time. many cars on here seem to have rediculous mirror shines, its too ambitious saying i want that, but just some nice reflections!!:)

also- waxing/sealing. once i have waxed and/or sealed, can i polish again a week or so later? or need something to remove wax/sealant?
any help :)
dom

Get some German applicator pads or a autoglym perfect palm. Red pad...

Polishing brings out the shine.... Wax seals it... No need to polish a week later if the prep was good last week

To top up a shine after washing look into quick detailing spray which after washing and drying mist on lightly then buff away

If you want a perfect finish for your car, do a paint correction (polish 1 step or 2 step, depending on how many swirls has on it), then put a carnauba wax on it, and you will love the finish. What tools for polish do you have?

I only used an old t shirt dampened to apply AG SRP. After reading through a few topics on detailersworld, i invested in a few microfibre cloths and some AG EGP which came handy with an applicator :)
Looks great now. Might purchase a clay bar once its time to re apply EGP, as il give it a polish anyway :)
Dom

1. Car washed with Zymol shampoo then rinsed
2. dry the car with Microfiber towel
3. polish car by hand with poorboys SSR2.5
4. buff car with microfiber towel
5. polish car by hand with Autoglym SRP and perfect polishing cloth
6. buff car with microfiber towel
7. wax car with G3 hard Wax
8. buff with microfiber towel
9. seal car with chemical guys Blitz Sealant
10. buff off with microfiber towel
the results are so shiney
if you search for "My Mean Tangerien" and scroll through my thread you'll see what i mean
IMAG1134.jpg

Oh and meguiars endurance tyre gel

Last edited:
Back