I can't believe.....

Currently reading:
I can't believe.....

A

Andy Claridge

Some little b****** has stolen my ANTI THEFT chrome valve caps. Thats twice is as many months.

What is the point - you try and take pride in your car and someone has to spoil it for you. Nice one.

Am considering writing to the company and telling them their product is not "fit for purpose".

Sorry about the rant but this sort of thing really annoys me.

Andy

Andy are these the ones that come with a key ring to take them off or an allen key??

It takes no genius to work out all you need is a small spanner or allen key to remove them!

Try threatening them with the Trades Description Act and "Not fit for the purpose for which they were sold" routine.

Re: Re: I can't believe.....

what??? thats like saying if a car is nicked, it isnt fit for its purpose!

its theft, whichever way you look at it.

Re: Re: Re: I can't believe.....

Although they are called Anti-Theft there will be some small print some where that says we can not be responsible blah blah blah

they always have it that wat you can't do anything if they are nicked against the manufacturers

Re: Re: Re: I can't believe.....

YOU DONT BUY A CAR CALLED FIAT BRAVO - ANTI THEFT MODEL DO YOU? WHEREAS THE DUST CAPS WERE LABELLED ANTI THEFT.

DOH!

Re: Re: Re: Re: I can't believe.....

Don't think you would have much luck really.

Anti-Theft is not the same as non-theft unfortunately, it simply means "not as easy to steal". Anything can be stolen really all you can do is make it harder for them to take, looks like the kids have sussed this one.

A similar thing happened a few years ago with BMW alloys of all things. BMW released a set of locking wheel nuts with a whopping 7 combinations of key shape. Obviously all the car theives had to do was visit BMW garages buying sets of locking nuts until they had all 7 combinations. They have more than 7 combinations now ;)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I can't believe.....

Cheers guys!

@ Roger - I've calmed down a bit now and don't think I can be bothered to go to the hassle of writing a letter! Well anyway, not for the sake of a tenner which is what they cost.

@ Sy B - they are the ones with a tiny little grommit (spelling!?) that screws into the valve cap itself. I guess anyone with another set has the same key. D'oh!!

@ Barakka - think you're right - the kids have sussed it!

Off to halfords to get a set of black plastic ones 2morrow then!

Cheers
Andy