Technical Ht Leads wanted

Currently reading:
Technical Ht Leads wanted

Hello all

Does anyone here in the UK know where I can get some new and or upgraded HT leads for the B?

Fiat can no longer get hold of them.

Thank you in advance.

What is a ht lead?

They are the leads from your ignition pack to your spark plugs. Good to replace them after 9yrs or so.

I am buying new spark plugs (Apparently very good ones) so I thought I would change the leads also.

All in a vain attempt to keep the car as economical as possible! Rising UK fuel!!!!!! The B was a cheap car to fill up (back in the day) Now I am thinking of re-mortgaging!!!!!!

I heard someone say they paid £1.43 for super!!!

(y)

They are the leads from your ignition pack to your spark plugs. Good to replace them after 9yrs or so.

I am buying new spark plugs (Apparently very good ones) so I thought I would change the leads also.

All in a vain attempt to keep the car as economical as possible! Rising UK fuel!!!!!! The B was a cheap car to fill up (back in the day) Now I am thinking of re-mortgaging!!!!!!

I heard someone say they paid £1.43 for super!!!

(y)

over here is about 1.30 super, so we could expect raising again... because we follow EU but not in monthly pays. i heard watter will go up to 100%... i have to catch some opportunity to move somewhere else. this country is going apart.

i heard some girl finished high college and she got work on railway station... 1h = 25€

over here is about 1.30 super, so we could expect raising again... because we follow EU but not in monthly pays. i heard watter will go up to 100%... i have to catch some opportunity to move somewhere else. this country is going apart.

i heard some girl finished high college and she got work on railway station... 1h = 25€

£1.59 a litre in texaco garage in cheslea! think that might be super, could be normal tho

Are you sure you have HT leads in your ignition system? Pretty sure even the earlier Barchettas has individual coils fed by a LT circuit...

Are you sure you have HT leads in your ignition system? Pretty sure even the earlier Barchettas has individual coils fed by a LT circuit...

That's what I thougt too.
They are all with their own indicidual coils.

Watch out, they are not all the same:
The earlier ones have 2 mounting screws, the newer just one.

That's what I thougt too.
They are all with their own indicidual coils.

Watch out, they are not all the same:
The earlier ones have 2 mounting screws, the newer just one.

Hi all

Having no luck with th e1st recommendation as they have not come back to me.

I have a 1997 model with a brand new rocker cover so the ends are now one screw hole, however I have the old fittings, they fit ok. Does anyone else have any other places I can try??

Thanks

Hi all

Having no luck with th e1st recommendation as they have not come back to me.

I have a 1997 model with a brand new rocker cover so the ends are now one screw hole, however I have the old fittings, they fit ok. Does anyone else have any other places I can try??

Thanks

for all your barchetta parts:
www.barchettaparts.com
henk sells everything and ships to the whole world

Ah so you want new coil packs?
Well if you want new Fiat parts they'll be around £80 each (+VAT) (off the top of my head). If you want cheaper types then this is a better option. Not sure of your year though..

Last edited:
I dont want that part as I have all that, I want the wire inbetween. The leads.

Mine are ok but someone recommended changing them as mine are from when the car was built in 1997. I would like to upgrade the leads.

Fiat no longer supply them.

:confused:

You don't need to change them, they aren't like old HT leads. They only carry a relatively small voltage (~12v) which is amplified by the ignition coils. The loom to the coils is just standard multi strand automotive grade wiring.
So if you are really wanting to replace the wiring, you will need to replace part of the loom.

You don't need to change them, they aren't like old HT leads. They only carry a relatively small voltage (~12v) which is amplified by the ignition coils. The loom to the coils is just standard multi strand automotive grade wiring.
So if you are really wanting to replace the wiring, you will need to replace part of the loom.

Thanks mate, glad you put my mind at ease. (y)

Back