Punto (Mk2/2b) Howdy

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk2/2b) Howdy

LaurenceM

Good evening yall.

Tomorrow I am going to purchase a Punto 1.2 16V active sport (03) as seen below:
fiat-punto-hatchback-1-2-16v-active-sport-3dr-216501969-640x480.jpg

fiat-punto-hatchback-1-2-16v-active-sport-3dr-216501966-640x480.jpg

A few things; that black stripe along the door - how easily can that be removed?

I will be modifying it, but just in need of a few ideas. Im happy with the back:
fiat-punto-hatchback-1-2-16v-active-sport-3dr-216501973-640x480.jpg

However I think there could be something to make the front better (ill search the forum now for ideas and tips etc).
fiat-punto-hatchback-1-2-16v-active-sport-3dr-216501972-640x480.jpg

Just looking into making it smart (inside and out) - rather than big and bulky.

Based in Windsor, Berkshire - If any of you are around near here.

Cheers :)

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! Looks like a tidy car :) The black door strip should easily come off by using a hairdryer and old credit card, just take you're time

Wrightyy

I just recently 'de bump stripped' mine and found that once you've got most of the glue off with hair dryer and a card use WD40 (or equivalent) and and card or even hose /pressure washer if its loose enough! I was using loads of cleaning fluids to get rid of the last few bits and WD40 worked a treat! Oh and b the way nice car! Wish I had more of a sporty model lol!

Thanks for the tips guys; will get to work with the hairdryer + card tuesday afternoon.

The radio is a bit naff, so that's probably the first thing im going to get changed - along with the speakers & ariel. Get all the small things out of the way before starting anything crazy :p

Back