How To Wire Amp - Punto

Currently reading:
How To Wire Amp - Punto

jdunderhill

Hi, thought i'd write this to lend help for running a power cable from engine into the interior of the car, I did mine this morning, It wasn't that easy but I have found a good way of doing it.

REMEMBER NOT TO CONNECT YOUR POWER CABLE TO THE BATTERY WHILST RUNNING CABLE THROUGH CAR!!!

1. Pop up your bonnet

2. Look at either your Left or Right handside wing and decide which side of the car you want to run your power cable

3. You will see a small opening (Nearer the headlight) with some cables running into it, it is quite small, you could get about 2 or 3 fingers in there

4. Prise out your indicator on the wing that you are going to feed the cable through so that the indicator is hanging and there is an opening

5. Straighten out a metal coathanger and feed it through the indicator hole opening and eventually you can pull it through the wing opening and attach the coathanger to the power cable

6. Pull the coathanger, and the power cable will be run through one of the wings

7. Now for the tricky part, in the footwell pull down the carpet until you see a rubber grommet, pull this out and then that will leave an opening

8. look carefully through the indcator opening and you will see the grommet opening

9. With coathanger feed cable down and then from inside the car you can pull the power cable through!!!

Hooray, that is it, now just to run the power cable under the plastic door seals into the boot

Hope this helps someone

Jamie

Back