How to Fit Uni-Breaded Teflon Throttle Cable

Currently reading:
How to Fit Uni-Breaded Teflon Throttle Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

Iam not sure if this will help others?, but this is a braided Teflon inner thottle cable kit i bought from a seller on eBay for my 98 Cinquecento Sporting,

Its listed as a.... 2m universal throttle cable for £ 37,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2M-BRAIDE...6161648?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM& hash=item519f5f1cf0

But what i did was make the seller an offer at £30 and i think he came back at £33,its a little over the odds for a throttle cable but it is a good piece of kit! and looks good if your looking to dress your engine bay,

You do have to make a few slight modifications to get it to fit propely,but its no big job!,

HOW TO FIT THE KIT

When fitting this kit in the pic below you will see the threaded section on one end of the cable itself.........You need to cut that off as theres no need for it,

AirRoofVent146.jpg

Then you need to cut the breaded section to length to suit your aplication,

Then you need to cut 5-10mm of the outer plastic covering that protects the braided section so you can then push the breaded section into the end sections that are provided below and are fitted,

ThrottleCable110.jpg

You will see at the pedel end that i have fitted a washer to the end section that sites against the bulk head at the engine side,this is so it does not get pulled through the rubber grommet on the bulk head,you will either need to buy a washer to fit or either drill one out to fit like i did,

ThrottleCable112.jpg

You will also see on the pic below there is rubber stopper thats apart of the old cable set up that sits between the padel arm and the inner bulk head to stop the padel slapping the bulk head on its return,you will need to made the hole in that rubber stopper larger to allow the new cable to pass through freely as the new cable is 2mm thicker than the stock cable,IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS THE PEDAL DOES NOT RETURN TO THE CLOSED POSTION!,

ThrottleCable113.jpg

Also in the pic above you will see a small metal section that has a hole drilled through it, this belongs to the old cable but i decided to use it, but like the rubber piece beside it you do have to drill it out to get the new cable to pass through it like below,

ThrottleCable123.jpg

Make sure when your fitting the kit you do not over tighten the cable as the throttle postion sensor will throw a wobbler,what i did was give the cable at the throttle body end about 5mm of slack IF YOU GET MY DRIFT?....jobs a good un,

Hope this helps,

For any further assistance relating to this guide please post in Fiatscotland's Technical section for further assistance!

All the best Scuderia

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back