General How much and Where for a CN+ Connect Nav?

Currently reading:
General How much and Where for a CN+ Connect Nav?

ICOD

Any idea guys as to how much i should expect to pay for the CN+ and also, WHERE the frikkin heck i would find one. I know there is one in the classified's BUT that is an offers type auction so i dont know what sort of offer to make and even what others are offering! Arghhhh:cry:

I havent seen them on ebay since ive been lookin for one. :bang:

Im fed up with my RAC nav, its super stupid, i think ive got the worlds first dislexyic sat nav!

Thanks guys

It is quite a bit of work to fit one (see the guides section) and they are not very good. Expect to pay around £250 + £100 for the extra bits you need.

Get a high end tom tom or similar for the same money. They are much better than the CN+ which was designed in 2001. Sat nav's have moved on a bit since then.

Any idea guys as to how much i should expect to pay for the CN+ and also, WHERE the frikkin heck i would find one. I know there is one in the classified's BUT that is an offers type auction so i dont know what sort of offer to make and even what others are offering!
Thanks guys

If your talking about the one adamcot is offering its not an offer type auction. Hes just looking for a sensible price that someone on the forum wants to pay for it. He is just looking to sell it! Give him a pm or email!! He doesnt bite:D

If your talking about the one adamcot is offering its not an offer type auction. Hes just looking for a sensible price that someone on the forum wants to pay for it. He is just looking to sell it! Give him a pm or email!! He doesnt bite:D

yeah done that +1, cheers, the reason i put this thread up is because if i said to him £250 i wouldnt have known if i was ripping myself off you know!

Thanks for your help mate, much appreciated.(y)

It is quite a bit of work to fit one (see the guides section) and they are not very good. Expect to pay around £250 + £100 for the extra bits you need.

Get a high end tom tom or similar for the same money. They are much better than the CN+ which was designed in 2001. Sat nav's have moved on a bit since then.

Im not scared of the fittin John55, i own my own Car audio business. (AutoPimpUK) and fitting this unit would be VERY easy compared to some or the after market things i have fitted before (mentioning no names *audi a4* cough*)

Cant stand tom tom type sat navs, they are horrible, i had a 9 yr old motorised screen type alpine sat nav in my previous vehicle, that was better than ANY tom tom i have used since. It was faster, more accurate and above all, never told me to do a U turn on the motorway. (Thanks TomTom) Which is why i bought the RAC version BUT thats even slower!

In my fitting and using experience, built in units tend to be more accurate, faster and definatley more reliable but i am not sayin that is a fact, i am saying in my 7yrs fitting experience that has been the case.

AND AND AND i hear fiat have released a 2008 map for it! WOOHOO:slayer:

yeah done that +1, cheers, the reason i put this thread up is because if i said to him £250 i wouldnt have known if i was ripping myself off you know!

Thanks for your help mate, much appreciated.(y)

No problem!!(y) Hope you get what your looking for!!:)

In my fitting and using experience, built in units tend to be more accurate, faster and definatley more reliable but i am not sayin that is a fact, i am saying in my 7yrs fitting experience that has been the case.
AND AND AND i hear fiat have released a 2008 map for it! WOOHOO:slayer:
Ok, the CN+ is crap! I now have a Garmin unit, and it runs circles around the built in unit... which is sooooo slow, takes an age to do anything, and has crap-looking display :)

A 2008 map? That is old news mate - been on my FTP server for ages ;)

Last edited:
Ok, the CN+ is crap! I now have a Garmin unit, and it runs circles around the built in unit... which is sooooo slow, takes an age to do anything, and has crap-looking display :)

A 2008 map? That is old news mate - been on my FTP server for ages ;)

Ok, that maybe old news mate but only if you have the system. LOL(y)

I wouldnt know that if i dont have it. and it seems that its just as hard to get hold of a cd player for the stilo as it is the CN+ (i've only got tape)

Does the CN play DVD's or mp3?
Does anyone have full stats please? I think i might buy another alpine unit:yum:

The CN+ does not play DVDs. It will play mp3 files on CD-R but not CD-RW.

You need to remove the map disc to play a music CD. You can program a route before removing the map CD but then it will only remember the route and nearby deviations from that route.

I have a PDF copy of the CN+ manual but it's over 5MB and too big for my e-mail to send you.

Dave.

The CN+ does not play DVDs. It will play mp3 files on CD-R but not CD-RW.

You need to remove the map disc to play a music CD. You can program a route before removing the map CD but then it will only remember the route and nearby deviations from that route.

Dave.

Its ok cheers dave, the whole matter of it running off the cd "live" has really put me off more than anything! '(n)

THANKS, you just saved me i think. (y)

That's the reason people get the CD changer to go with it. You can then leave the map disc in the CN+ and play music CDs from the changer.

Dave.

Cheers dave, i thought that was the case but then i'd have to buy the changer, i can set myself up with a sat nav motorised screen head unit and DVD changer for less than the CN+ will cost me(y)

Thanks to all on here, your all gods:slayer: Keep up the awesome super fantastic work.

Back