General how is your mpg on a new 500?

Currently reading:
General how is your mpg on a new 500?

My Diesel since new is averaging 51mpg have been a bit of a saddo and recoreded every tank/ litres since new., there is absolutely no chance that i will ever get what is quoted, having driven like miss daisy for a tank it has only returned 60mpg. ( car has done 16.5k miles).

It was the most painful driving experience ever & i am not going to do that again, unless i have a brain transplant :(

70mph is too fast, you'll never get book at that speed.

exactly why eco driving is unrealistic and questionably unsafe (n)

Why exactly is driving at less than 70 mph "questionably unsafe"? I get good miles per gallon on my daily commute simply by driving at 60 mph on the dual carriageway until I catch up with a lorry and providing it's going at 50 mph or faster I stay behind it. Saves on stress (and so is safer arguably) and fuel and on my 30 mile commute only adds about 5 minutes to the time taken if I overtake everything.

Why exactly is driving at less than 70 mph "questionably unsafe"? I get good miles per gallon on my daily commute simply by driving at 60 mph on the dual carriageway until I catch up with a lorry and providing it's going at 50 mph or faster I stay behind it. Saves on stress (and so is safer arguably) and fuel and on my 30 mile commute only adds about 5 minutes to the time taken if I overtake everything.

I couldn't agree more, well said that man, leave a bit earlier, and take it easy driving, you save on fuel and stress (y)

Trev

Really pleased with mpg so far, although the circumstances were not at all typical ... picked up our car on a Thursday, drove 370 odd miles with my wife to see family in the North East, driving back again on the Sunday! As you might expect, took things gently, but not too pedestrian! Average 52.4 mpg, purely from that weekend. Still got half a tank left which should keep me going on the sunny IOW for a few more weeks! ;)

Will post the URL to my fuelly page on my 5th post which will be very soon!

I reckon you'll be safe Trev, The IOW where it will spend most of it's time only has about 100 yards of dual carriageway and lots of hills ! :rolleyes:

Tony.

I reckon you'll be safe Trev, The IOW where it will spend most of it's time only has about 100 yards of dual carriageway and lots of hills ! :rolleyes:

Tony.

I used to love driving there, my truck knew it's way to the Tennyson Trail until some mucking fuppets screwed it up and got it's byway status removed :cry:

I seem to remember that the military road at the southern bit of the island isn't too bad for the hills :D :D

Trev

I've had my 1.2 8 months and done just over 3,300 miles.
My fuel consumption is 47-50 MPG whch I'm rather pleased with.

Mine has now done just over 2,000miles and according to the dash the cumulative average (I let "trip B" keep rolling) is 48.9mpg. I dont dawdle, and that is a mix of dual-c/way and town (pretty average stuff really!). I haven't bothered manually calculating between fillups as I assumed the computer would be no more than a few % adrift either way and it seems pretty good for a tight new motor. I don't realy expect to top 48 or so long-term as I don't believe (any) manufacturers claims. Notably loosening up now, and has been stretched a few times. I rode bikes for years and was taught to run-in motors "properly" by a dad who learned in the 1930's, so I dont go TOO easy on it! Most impressive is that it hasn't used a drop of oil. :)

Back