how easy is it to change head unit on mk2 punto

Currently reading:
how easy is it to change head unit on mk2 punto

kevpalmer176

i need advice i have bought the spacer plate and wiring harness to convert it to iso. is it easy to yourself or to i need to go somewhere to get it fitted:):slayer:

Punto is ISO as standard and if you buy a genuine Fascia Plate its a doddle to fit. You will need to plug the red wire into the spare yellow as the punto is not ignition fed.
4 4mm nails in the holes in the standard HU will release the clips and then your ready to go.
It can all be done in about 2 minutes.

will it work if i dont do that? first car total novice sorry there are speakers in the back but i dont know if they are wired up they have wires coming out of them but they dont work with the stereo thats in the car is that cause the stereo may only support 2 channel:):slayer:

Last edited:
Tried messing about with the audio settings? It should be possible to re-adjust the balance fore and aft...assuming that the speakers are actually wired in lol

i have there are no settings for fwd and aft only balance thats what makes me think that the stereo only 2 channel factory fitted thing

It should be 4 channel. There are 2 blocks that plug into the stereo. One side (white i believe) will have your power so the wires will be RED, Black etc. The other will have more random coloured wires on it for the speakers, if there are 4 wires connected to the Hu then only the fronts will be working, if there are 8 wires connected then the problem lies somewhere else.

Back