Technical How does revirginizing a Stilo ECU works ?

Currently reading:
Technical How does revirginizing a Stilo ECU works ?

aStiloFan

Hello,

I'm having a dispute with a vendor who sold me a defective virginized ECU for my Stilo and I'm trying to understand exactly how that procedure works.

MultiECUScan and Examiner show that the ECU programming date (2004) is much older than the car (2005) and the ECU manufacturing date (2007).

This might be one of the reasons why it doesn't work.

The seller claims that they only "unlocked" the ECU and that no software was changed, but the evidence is right there... the ECU programming date is 2003.

How does revirginizing work ? Is it achieved through software only, cause I'm under the impression the ECU was opened and a chip replaced in order to reset it.

I paid through PayPal so I can use their buyer protection, but the vendor insist I send the ECU back to check it before I get a refund. Should I send it before getting the refund and have no evidence to back my claim, getting into a "he said - he said" situation?

Thanks !

Not sure how the virginization works but with regards to returning it, i wouldnt. First off, put in a dispute with paypal, and do all correspondence through them, at least that way, once you know the facts for achieving a virgin ecu, you have evidence of all correspondance. This should cover you in the event the vendor is trying to fob you off with something sold incorrectly described etc.

Back