500 How do - another newbie!

Currently reading:
500 How do - another newbie!

iPrincess26

Hi

I recently got a fiat 500 1.4 lounge in cha cha azure and love it, I race model cars so have just invested in the Tamiya one will post some pics once it's done. Erm what else??? I'm married and live in the lakes looking forward to driving my Fi (name of my car) and getting her perfect, need to find a set of steels to put some MnS's on for the winter ------- anyone any ideas? Not bothered if a bit scruffy as hubby can sort.

Ta :)

You don't want to buy mud and snows, you want to buy proper winter tyres as m&s is not actually an official rating which guarantees any level of performance

Hi

I recently got a fiat 500 1.4 lounge in cha cha azure and love it, I race model cars so have just invested in the Tamiya one will post some pics once it's done. Erm what else??? I'm married and live in the lakes looking forward to driving my Fi (name of my car) and getting her perfect, need to find a set of steels to put some MnS's on for the winter ------- anyone any ideas? Not bothered if a bit scruffy as hubby can sort.

Ta :)

Hi and WELCOME TO THE FORUM :wave:

Hope you enjoy your 500 (y)

Ebay is always a good place for finding a spare set of winter wheels. Also have a look in the classifieds, as I believe there are some from a 500 for sale at the moment.

Alan

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses, hubby is being dispatched to the local scrap had to see what he can find!
Thanks for the comments about tyres too, I'll keep it in mind. When it stays dry and she's had a wash I'll post a pic. ?

In all of my time on this forum (two days) I've seen lots of mention of winter tyres, and only known one person to have used them before.
Are FIAT's known for slipping, or have I just been naïve in not noticing winter tyres more?
:-S

In all of my time on this forum (two days) I've seen lots of mention of winter tyres, and only known one person to have used them before.
Are FIAT's known for slipping, or have I just been naïve in not noticing winter tyres more?
:-S

Nothing particular to Fiats, just that there are a few winter tyre weirdos, I mean afficionados, on here.

Also, you say you've only known one person to use them before, which may be true, but then again how often do you discuss tyres with your friends and neighbours? Maybe a few more have seen the light (or the weather forecast) but just didn't think to share the news with you?

In reality, winter tyres are a growing trend. Expect to see more, especially as manufacturers see the opportunity for sales. Last winter saw several marques promoting them as an "extra".

The answer to your question "how often do you discuss tyres" is: "one"!
He had a dirty old Astra for his daily drive, and when it snowed his was one of very few cars to make it up the hill and out of our estate.

Back