500 (Classic) Hmmmmm......

Currently reading:
500 (Classic) Hmmmmm......

iconNeg_16x16.gif
POLISH CAR, NOT UK REGISTERED, WOULDN'T TRUST THIS GUY!Buyer: Member ID lowbourne1 ( Feedback score of 2031
iconRedStar_25x25.gif
)
30-Nov-11 11:08 1970 Fiat 500 Great Classic ONE OFF! ! ! (#260876502856)£4,000.00View Item

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Because you hate velour as much as I do or is it because you already bought the Rare Fiat 600 multipla 1956 shown at the bottom of the page and don't have any money left?

What model has the extra louvers under the license plate or am I seeing funny?

A few guesses -

LHD
Unregistered
Odd louvres on rear engine hatch
Current owner looks like Dame Edna Everidge
Green undertray - or is it just polished so hard it's reflecting the grass
Ugly velour upholstery
Orange peel paint on dash
Jump start clamp on battery terminal
Wrong battery
Mismatching door cards
VIN ID plate in wrong position
Paint overspray on engine rubbers
Offset 7 in odometer - maybe wound back (now I'm really getting paranoid)
37998 km is 23611 miles, not 23748 miles - if it's real.
Looks like it's being advertised in a prison yard
Big ugly external mirror
Blue colour doesn't match typical English sky (should be grey)
Dodgy seller - same car resold previously
'Mike' lists an 11 number phone number

Generally, too good to be true. Caveat emptor.

Also, very nice looking Fiat Dino advertised below

I've probably said enough :)

Now you'll tell us that it is your Mothers car ...... :D

Merry Xmas,

Chris

Last edited:
Well done Chris - you win the virtual prize of a years subscription to FF! :D

A few guesses -

LHD Not a problem - ours is LHD!

Unregistered Again not a major deal.....

Odd louvres on rear engine hatch Yup, well spotted!

Current owner looks like Dame Edna Everidge Quite possibly!

Green undertray - or is it just polished so hard it's reflecting the grass

Ugly velour upholstery Seat covers - what are they hiding!

Orange peel paint on dash Yes - looks almost hand painted!

Jump start clamp on battery terminal Yes - absolutely!

Wrong battery Looks like it!

Mismatching door cards Horrible colour - agreed!

VIN ID plate in wrong position Hadn't spotted that!

Paint overspray on engine rubbers Yup = dodgy paint job!

Offset 7 in odometer - maybe wound back (now I'm really getting paranoid) No - I thought exactly the same!

37998 km is 23611 miles, not 23748 miles - if it's real. Perhaps he doesn't have a calculator! :D

Looks like it's being advertised in a prison yard Never seen one with grass......!

Big ugly external mirror Agreed!

Blue colour doesn't match typical English sky (should be grey) Matches my eyes though......

Dodgy seller - same car resold previously Was it really? Didn't spot it!

'Mike' lists an 11 number phone number and his real name is Pawel Krukowski

Generally, too good to be true. Caveat emptor.

Also, very nice looking Fiat Dino advertised below

I've probably said enough :)

Now you'll tell us that it is your Mothers car ...... :D Nah!

Merry Xmas, and to you and yours Chris! (y)

Chris

Wait a sec oops, I hate to cry foul but if it was the louvers that was the main thing then I think I called them out first
;)

What model has the extra louvers under the license plate or am I seeing funny?

If it was not one thing you were looking for then Chris certainly was more thorough (and entertaining(y)).

Oh well, I can always sell my son's Christmas gifts to get the subscription money:p......

Attachments

• Steyr Puch.jpg
    Steyr Puch.jpg
    727 KB · Views: 25
Wait a sec oops, I hate to cry foul but if it was the louvers that was the main thing then I think I called them out first
;)

If it was not one thing you were looking for then Chris certainly was more thorough (and entertaining(y)).

Indeed you did, and I have to confess I didn't spot this myself!

What attracted my attention was the jump start clamp, the dodgy paint job, the seat covers and the fact the "Mike" wasn't "Mike" at all!

Ahhh, if those were the things you initially were thinking then by that definition Chris is truly the winner, I concede.:worship:

Plus, if anyone deserves a free membership, it would be Chris(y).

Same to you as well Chris 'The wonder from down under':p and all my Fiat friends here! If I were going to be visiting my brother in Sydney this season, I would try to look you up though you look to be a bit north of that near say Brisbane?

Have to agree that that cars has done the 23,000mls in a very hard way- the rear wheelarch bottoms are the wrong shape and the missing side sill trims usually indicate a very rusty history..
Im pretty sure the Vin plate is actually correct for German assembled Fiats- I remeber a similar plate on a German import Fiat X1/9 I used to look after as an apprentice in New Zealand- that was a bodged up rust bucket too...
I have a 30,000 mile Fiat 500 which I have owned since 1991 and this is what I think a genuine low mileage car should look like... http://s1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa361/edamon/?action=view&current=DSCF0335.jpg#!oZZ1QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1194.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Faa361%2Fedamon%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DDSCF0336.jpg

http://s1194.photobucket.com/albums...a361/edamon/?action=view&current=DSCF0335.jpg

edamon

edamon

Happy Christmas all!

Last edited:
Hi Chris,
I take it you are referring to the Alfa conversion photos.. the assistant is No1 son Sam who is now 2- these were taken earlier in the year when he was starting his apprenticeship at age 1 in the garage at home...
The NZ climate is but a memory now- I don't think I could go back to -3 degree mornings after 13 yrs in Melbourne!
Having said that the NZ climate has been kind to the 500- it is still all original Fiat metal as it heads towards 40... as do I- we were both first registered on the same month!

Back