500 Hiyaaaaa :-)

Currently reading:
500 Hiyaaaaa :-)

Bmwise316

Hi all
I'm new and wanted to say hi :D
Will be asking questions as thinking of buying a 500 :)
Gail
X

Welcome Gail!

What are you currently driving? Your user name suggest perhaps a BMW? I replaced my BMW 135i coupe with my Red Chinky (1.4 Lounge, 6spd manual) in March 2012. I bought a demo model as it was red (I've never had a red car before and loved it in that colour), available and substantially cheaper than a new one with not a lot of mileage.

It took me about 2 to 3 months to adjust from the two extremes but I've grown to love my car. My husband did not share my fascination with the 500 but I think he has changed his mind over time and it has grown on him (to his surprise!).

As we don't have children and I do low mileage to work, it is a brilliant daily commuter to work and back and I really don't need anything more and is fit for purpose.

My previous car was auto and that really spoiled me and is the only real thing I miss (apart from the obvious horse power).

I accepted the car for what it is. A cheerful, cheeky city car with great fuel consumption that makes me smile. It is not a performance car, so I don't expect it to behave like one. I think I'll own it for a few years.

I also really love the sunroof (being blessed with SA's sunny weather) and use it every morning and evening in spring / summer.

I looked at perhaps getting a Kia Picanto or VW Polo Bluemotion but when I got into the the 500, I knew this is it as it had character and it resonated with me more than the others.

Hi Red
Thanks for a lovely reply :) I drive a imported Jap car at the moment that I LOVE! Going to keep that but need something I can drive that I don't need to worry about the cost of fuel and whether it will still be where I parked it after I've been shopping! Plus I've always wanted a pink car and the 500 pink has caught my eye ;)
My mileage is low as I commute to work via train, I also don't have kids, I don't need another car but I love the idea of a pink small car in addition to the power and ridiculousness of my other car!
G
X