Technical Hill hold

Currently reading:
Technical Hill hold

Yes it holds for a very short time like 2 or 3 seconds then you feel it release !!

Correct, which is exactly what its supposed to do, you keep your foot on the foot brake, and then release it when you need to move off.

So what is the issue with yours? Your foot brake won't hold the car on a hill :confused:

Correct, which is exactly what its supposed to do, you keep your foot on the foot brake, and then release it when you need to move off.

So what is the issue with yours? Your foot brake won't hold the car on a hill :confused:

It takes the place of using your hand brake, so 3 to 3 seconds sounds right to me also, foot off foot brake of you go with no roll back.........Simples
LUIGI

Just doesn't feel strong like in a BMW or Audi ! It does do it but I suppose it's more about how it feels! WEAK!

Try pushing the brake pedal harder before releasing, see if that changes 'the feel'.

Might just have over survo'ed brakes on the German motors.

MEP, does this system work similar to a line lock? me not being offae with it would like to know how it works.
LUIGI

My understanding, and from how it appears to work on my Bravo, is that it holds what every pressure is in the system that has been placed by the foot brake.

Out of interest Duffish the BMW / Audi's that you've driven with hill hold, do they have manual hand / parking brakes, or electric ones?

My understanding, and from how it appears to work on my Bravo, is that it holds what every pressure is in the system that has been placed by the foot brake.

Out of interest Duffish the BMW / Audi's that you've driven with hill hold, do they have manual hand / parking brakes, or electric ones?

i drove a vauxhall meriva the other week which had a switch for the hand brake, but you didn't have to release it to drive from stationary. same idea i guess?
LUIGI

i drove a vauxhall meriva the other week which had a switch for the hand brake, but you didn't have to release it to drive from stationary. same idea i guess?
LUIGI

Same idea, but the reason for asking OP the question is I wonder if some systems do actually apply the handbrake system if electronic as part of hill holder rather than just leave the brake system pressurised like Fiat do. Might go to explain a different feel possibly.

The hill hold is not very good in the quborino ! Had lots of cars with it all really good ! This does do it but I still use the hand brake! No confidence in it!!

The main annoyance with it (vs Smart as that's my only other experience) is the Fiat system relates HH to the angle of the car!! For some bizarre reason designers think 'they' know what is the min angle of slope that you'd find it necessary whereas anything but flat would be far more use. If I could find the inclinometer box I'd reposition it at 30° so that it always works. Yes I have a handbrake but for the occasional times when you are in traffic and just stop/starting, HH is really useful and since it's fitted as a driver assistance, why not make it full-time?

R-V-M

The main annoyance with it (vs Smart as that's my only other experience) is the Fiat system relates HH to the angle of the car!! For some bizarre reason designers think 'they' know what is the min angle of slope that you'd find it necessary whereas anything but flat would be far more use. If I could find the inclinometer box I'd reposition it at 30° so that it always works. Yes I have a handbrake but for the occasional times when you are in traffic and just stop/starting, HH is really useful and since it's fitted as a driver assistance, why not make it full-time?

R-V-M

I'm with you on that, I find it annoying it doesn't work on very slight inclines, but I'm not sure if that more a cheap gyro-meter that hasn't realised you're on a slight slope apposed to their programming of what angle you need to be at not allowing a small gradient to be acceptable.

I'm with you on that, I find it annoying it doesn't work on very slight inclines, but I'm not sure if that more a cheap gyro-meter that hasn't realised you're on a slight slope apposed to their programming of what angle you need to be at not allowing a small gradient to be acceptable.

What an amazing sentence! ;)

Has anyone located this gyro/inclinometer's home in the car? I'd love to unseat it and make it think I'm always on a hill.. I only have the tech software manuals for a Pewgot and I don't know if that van is quite so sophisticated, option-wise.

R-V-M

Has anyone located this gyro/inclinometer's home in the car? I'd love to unseat it and make it think I'm always on a hill.. I only have the tech software manuals for a Pewgot and I don't know if that van is quite so sophisticated, option-wise.

R-V-M

If like the GP's, which I suspect it is, as they want it as central as possible, it'll be under the center console between the two front seats around the handbrake area (y)

Back