Technical High revs untill engine upto temp. Help!

Currently reading:
Technical High revs untill engine upto temp. Help!

picasso

Have recently replaced the heater coolant valve on my 1996 Tipo due to leak.
However I now appear to have 2 problems;

1. there is a whooshing sound when the heater control is turned from cold to hot. ie as the coolant valve is opened. I believe this to be due to air but I cant get rid of it. Have followed instructions on forum. ( Have not tried removing bottom rad hose as I thought air would rise and not be trapped at bottom.)

2. when starting engine from cold. Engine fires first time. How ever when depressing accellorator to move away revs remain high! When driving on open road revs remain high even when accellorator released! At junctions etc revs slowly come down until accellorator depressed. This continues until engine is at normal operating temp approx 90 C on temp guage.

Any advice much appreciated!

( Are the 2 probs linked?):cry:

1.4/1.6/2.0? it's injection either way so possibly a dodgy coolant temp sensor?

as for the wooshing sound, have you checked where it joins the tap to the matrix for any sort of leakage? i take it this is the part that's been replaced or did you mean the thermostat on the side of the engine?

Tipo is a 1.4 ie 1996.
The replaced part was the coolant valve attatched to the matrix.

hmmmmmm, check if it's leaking just in case it's not sealed quite right i take it that it gives hot air when set to hot air. might go away in time just keep an eye on the water levels/temperatures. i don't really know what to suggest to be honest.

for the idle
hmmmm i'd get under the bonnet and disconnect things when it's playing up, if possible, the temp sender for the ECU should be around the thermostat though not sure. try the Throttle position sensor as well. my feeling would be leaning towards the temp sender for ECU though really it could be anything

Back