Panda Hi

Currently reading:
Panda Hi

LaverdaJota

Nick from Wantage, Oxfordshire. As my user name suggests I'm a bike person first but the Fiat is right up there in my heart. 170,000 miles covered on the original clutch!!! The Panda is so versatile I even put my canadian canoe on the roof (it's longer than the car) once a week. Unfortunately run in to a minor issue which needs a bit of expert input so will post a question later on. :)

Welcome to you sure!- someone will help once we see your question! just for info i had a 1974 Laverda GTL 750 twin years ago! wish i still had it now at todays prices!🤣
The GTL is a fine 'last of the twins' bike, many found their way into the UK from Saudia Arabia where they'd been used by the Police and of course Dave Minton was famous for his ride to Scotland on one. Laverda was always expensive in the UK and yes Laverda prices went sky high but now that generation are getting old prices are coming down. Lucky I bought back in the 80's & 90's. Motorcycles are for riding tho' and not sitting in a shed - put 15,000 miles on the Jota last year.

In contrast the humble Panda has to be one of the best value 4 door runabouts ever. I was looking for maybe a Ford (I know, I know...) but looking through the papers saw the Panda and thought they couldn't be bad as Italy is swarming with the things! Rates as the family favourite car easy to drive, park and cheap to fill up. Even the seat height gets the thumbs up from your aged parents and best of all the styling is a bit cheeky - who can get annoyed in traffic with a Panda...you always get let in (eat your heart out BMW, Audi, Merc etc...)!
Nick :)

MY G T L was white with high handlebars so who knows! trouble with the older ones these days is probably getting the parts you need!- even more so on the twins i guess !, pretty much the same on two other Italian bikes i used to own! 1974 morini strada 3 1/2 blue wire wheels drum brake and factory fitted indicators! and Ducati 900 G T S black/gold with Laffraconti silencers! My Italian bike itch is now covered with my 1976 Guzzi California 850T3 which i have owned since2007!.
Agree with all you say about the panda,s same goes for the 500 IMHO 🤣 especially in my colour choice of bright canary yellow!- bold in yer face and dead easy to find in the car park!
stay safe!

Back