Multipla hi just joined and trouble already

Currently reading:
Multipla hi just joined and trouble already

neal69

hi just saying hello, thought i'd join after buying a multipla to keep the wife and daughter happy, sadly on my part i had to part with my 2.0 ghia mondeo hatchback(wife said it was too big for her after a year of owning it), we have had the multipla about a week and already i think its gonna cost more as we are getting a noise from the front end which tends to go when just putting a little bit of left hand down on the steering wheel so thinking its a bearing of some sort, will have to fix it as the females in the house think the car is supperb the little one because she gets to sit in the front with mum and dad and the wife because in her words "its a shorter car and i can see the back end " although we have found that for some reason it fits in the parking bay at our local aldi but if some one parks slightly off centre then we cant get back in it, but this only happens in one part of the car park(the nearest to the store typical so have to park further away). as for me i'm undecided at the moment. i can see it keeping me rather busy in the near future but hey once its fixed i might get dropped off to do more fishing.

Last edited by a moderator:
May not be the bearing though. Lot of things to make a noise when turning from suspension, track rods, brakes, wrong tyre pressure, piece of plastic mud guard sticking out etc etc. Put that wheel up on a jack, turn it to where it makes a noise and spin it by hand to locate.

going to take it for new tyres this morning so will check it there, the noise is only there in a straight line or when cornering to the right it only goes off when you put a bit of left on it, but will see what new tyres do and probly get the tracking checked at the same time

Back