Technical hi bravo owners !

Currently reading:
Technical hi bravo owners !

adriano2br

Hi, i have a fiat bravo 1.4 12v year 1995. I have a question about this model. I bought this car few weeks ago and i have a problem. Injector light goes on and the car is very lazy..max speed 110-120km/h. And there is some black smoke /water on the exhaust when i push the gas pedal 'till 3-4-5000 rpm. I changed the air and gas filter and the spark plugs. I dont know what is the problem.

I want an answer for next question:

This model have one or two O2 sensors (lambda sensors)?
because i have just one and im afraid the last owner cut off the other o2 sensor from the exhaust. (i suspect that ,because at the middle of the car in the exhaust pipe is a hole with a screw in it)

Hi/Salut !

This model has 1 O2 Sensor, does your antifreeze look clean or do you have foam or water in the oil ?

You should try fix the lambda sensor first, i can help you with information on testing, if it's still good you could try soldering the wires back if not there are other solutions...

Thanks for your answer. My oil and antifreeze are clean , except the little rusty color of the antifreeze, i will clean the ratiator and engine with some cleaning solutions but this is not a priority for the moment.
I checked the intake/exhaust valves on the cylinder head and they are in a good condition , and of course i changed the cylinder head gasket and i verifyed the timing belt. My problem is the rich fuel mixture, and that ,means bad 02 sensor or bad ignition sisteam because i see black smoke on the exhaust pipe. I saw an ad on the internet of someone that have the exactly same model of fiat. He is not so far from my town and he's trying to sell his car part by part, and i hope he will let me test my car with his o2 sensor and his igniton coil, because these are what i suspect being the problem. Also , the catalitic converter can be the problem. I will make more tests in the next days. (y)

edit: am vazut ca esti roman dupa ce am postat. :D

Last edited:
Back