Hi and batteries from scrap yards

Currently reading:
Hi and batteries from scrap yards

Mundad

Hi I'm a noob. Anyone bought a battery from a scrap yard, I've seen Salvage Rebuilds on you tube and they do this all the time. Thought I'd give it ago as my wife's fiat 500 has just suddenly come up with loads of error codes and I think it could just be the battery causing it. Thanks all đź‘Ť

Hi Noob. Welcome
I wouldnt recommend this. Batteries IN GOOD HEALTH are vital in Pandas. You may do OK but you just dont know what you will get or what its life was previously. Especially after the lockdown has taken its toll. Breakers are fine for trim/ body etc but have a poor record on my experience on many other things probably because of the time parts lie about before being re used. As a spare may be to use for jump starting or if off a very new car otherwise take care. Make sure its very cheap!

Hi Noob. Welcome
I wouldnt recommend this. Batteries IN GOOD HEALTH are vital in Pandas. You may do OK but you just dont know what you will get or what its life was previously. Especially after the lockdown has taken its toll. Breakers are fine for trim/ body etc but have a poor record on my experience on many other things probably because of the time parts lie about before being re used. As a spare may be to use for jump starting or if off a very new car otherwise take care. Make sure its very cheap!
Thanks Panda Nut, yes I know what you mean, I'm just trying to be a cheap skate. I think I didn't want to buy an expensive one just in case it wasn't a low battery throwing up these fault codes. A new battery is about ÂŁ60 fo a cheap one or ÂŁ15 from a scrapper. Thanks for responding đź‘Ť

Back