hey lads what can i stick a 20vt into?

Currently reading:
hey lads what can i stick a 20vt into?

stevolution

hi lads. i'm the proud owner of a red coupe 20 valve turbo with lots of laquer peel. I got it for 500 bucks. It has more oil pressure than you can shake a stick at and I want to strip it out and put it on the track.

normally I just take my evo on, but that's since been sold as i've been crunched slightly.

the thing is though.... is it worthwhile buying a cheap bravo 20v and converting it to turbo? Does anyone know how heavy a stripped bravo is? I think a stripped fiat coupe is around 1240kg, so if the bravo stripped is knocking on the door of 1000kg I may just consider it.

I imagine putting the engine into a punto would be a headache?

I look forward to your feedback

cheers(y)

another question, if i do take the coupe on the track, since it's a banger, would i benefit from slapping on a really crude bonnet vent above the air box. i'd happily actually have a duct leading from the airbox and out the bonnet

puting the engine into either a bravo or a punto isnt going to be 'easy' i wouldnt have thought:confused:

Tho with the bravo you loose 200 odd kg, wouldnt you also loose stability and aerodynamics?:confused:

For 200kg would it be worth all the effort (and cost)?
Even a cheap bravo is guna be £200-300:confused: if its realy rubish.

puting the engine into either a bravo or a punto isnt going to be 'easy' i wouldnt have thought:confused:

Tho with the bravo you loose 200 odd kg, wouldnt you also loose stability and aerodynamics?:confused:

i was hoping i could try get hold of a bravo 20v so it's a case of swapping over all the turbo bits and bobs.

Bravo uses the same floorpan as the Coupe, which is the Tipo one. In terms of aerodynamics, the bravo may actually be better.

But getting back to the point, back to the original is the way to go, a Cheap Tipo is pennies, i think the 1.4 weighs 945kg. Pretty much all suspension/engine related parts in the Coupe will transfer to a Tipo.

wow, now you're getting me excited.

so what kind of work is involved in putting a 20vt into a tipo, i'd absolutely love that.

Back