General Hey guys! Look what I found on the internet!

Currently reading:
General Hey guys! Look what I found on the internet!

yeah. its been stood for 10 years.. its got 130k miles on the clock but i bet i could fix it up nice.

Yeah...you and plenty of others I bet. As he says though you could be up against someone who would just get it running on the cheap.

Sounds like it could be a money pit to get it in first class order....having said that I reckon I have most of the panels and parts going to be needed for a resto....the cars not for me though.

Beware....no pics of the inside could mean it's mouldy and crap.

he's just uploaded some, and its looks quite good. rear seat belts look like the old lap type, but i bet they could be made to take a 3 point. would be about the only mod i would do to it.

our old panda had the 2 sun roofs.. heh i remember the noise they made when driving LoL
but that dont bother me :LOL:

how much you guys reckon it would go for?

he's just uploaded some, and its looks quite good. rear seat belts look like the old lap type, but i bet they could be made to take a 3 point. would be about the only mod i would do to it.

our old panda had the 2 sun roofs.. heh i remember the noise they made when driving LoL

You can't retro fit the seat belts as there are no mountings.

I'd say £300 - £500.

indeed. i should be able to push for that. it seems a fair price for a classic motor.. and i am determined to get it. i have £700 saved up from birthdays/Christmas... and my mum told me she has around £900 saved up from my first job (that i didnt know about!..made my day..week..lol)
be nice if i can snipe it at the last second hehe

if i can get it for under £600 i'll be laughing. ok its a bit OTT on cost.. but you cant put a price on love ;):D:D:D

i am a bit far away to view it. i know its going to be bad. going on how the corsa was when i got that.. so i know what i am getting into. most of the pipes and brake lines will be replaced anyway i should have a enough coper brake line to do the whole car.. pros of living near a scrap yard :LOL:

ill email the guy an offer and see what he says. he has told me that the sills are bad and also the floor pan as well as the boot floor and a bit around the suspension mounts. its gonna be a big job but i reckon i will be able to do it. we have quite a lot of sheet steel in a shed of all different thickness that i can use.

depends if i win it though. some one may beat me.. im going to fight for it though lol
this will be like an episode of Storage Wars lol

Sills, floor and suspension areas!!....:eek:

Add doors, bonnet, boot, brakes (pipes prob ok) mega bucks front suspension, possible crud in rad and heater matrix, service items, possible gearbox probs being a 4x4, propshaft, rear diff, leaf spring mounts..... Shall I go further??

Seriously... You really should make every effort to go and see this car.

I love the idea of it, but fear it will be a money pit. I also wish you all the luck and hope that you do save it. Just be realistic...(y)

like i said, it depends on what it does go for. most people interested/bidding on it will only want it for the running gear. a local 4x4 group told me that a few members have panda 4x4's and they bought 2 and made a good one out of both.
the corsa i had, had rot all around the the rear springs and mounts, same as this and the work i did to it has got that back on the road.
i have sent the guy a message and offered him a fair price for it.. so i will await his reply.
failing that i will just see the auction through. if it hits stupid money then i will bail out.

time will tell with this.

Back