Ive got to do a test on web basics one of the questions is
Which of the following are UK top-level domain affiliations?... options are
.gov
.mil
.org
.ac

Anyone know the answer?! I think theres more than answer
Thanks Guys! (y)

.gov, dont belive .mil is real, .ac is schools (education) and .org is non-profit organisation

Thanx.... think ive figured the answer... oh the joys of online tests, can do them as many times as I want, so can attempt to get 100% on them all :woot:

.mil is the US military I believe. It is a valid top-level domain.
H

The internet (originally ARPANET) was designed initially for military use, so it's not surprising that they have their own TLD.

JonnyBoy - I'm just guessing here, and I may be completely wrong, but I think www.army.gov.uk is the UK army, rather than the US army like I said in my post. :p :D

Here's prrof - http://www.army.mil

H

Anyone know this answer?!.....

Fill in the blank An ISP is an organisation that provides individuals and organisations with access to, or a ........ on, the Internet.

black seicento said:
Ive got to do a test on web basics one of the questions is
Which of the following are UK top-level domain affiliations?... options are
.gov
.mil
.org
.ac

Anyone know the answer?! I think theres more than answer
Thanks Guys! (y)

.GOV = American Government

.MIL = American Military

.ORG = Global Organisations ie Non-for profit

.AC = Academia (Schools, Uni's Colleges)

The UK Domains would be:

.gov.uk = British Government
.org.uk = British Non profit organisations
.ac.uk = British Schools
.mod.uk = British Military

Of these 'TLDs' are controlled by a governing body called Nominet. You will find their site at www.nic.uk
Nominet control the UK TLD and therefore any domain with a UK TLD will be stored in their database and has been registered through them.
Before the term TLD appeared, the .xx.uk (xx) was infact the domain, and anything such as bbc.co.uk was infact a subdomain of the domain co.uk
As this caused confusion and the Internet bubble 'burst' this was changed to TLD because many people attempted to register their own TLD as it were

black seicento said:
Anyone know this answer?!.....

Fill in the blank An ISP is an organisation that provides individuals and organisations with access to, or a ........ on, the Internet.

An ISP, Internet Service Provider provides access to the Internet by forms of Dial up connection, Broadband, ISDN, Satelite, Cable, Fibre, Lan extensions, Leased Lines.

Therefore:

An ISP is an organisation that provides individuals and organisations with access to, the Internet

trigxm said:
An ISP, Internet Service Provider provides access to the Internet by forms of Dial up connection, Broadband, ISDN, Satelite, Cable, Fibre, Lan extensions, Leased Lines.

Therefore:

An ISP is an organisation that provides individuals and organisations with access to, the Internet

Ive got to put a word in where the couple of full stops are!

Back