General Help Urgent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Currently reading:
General Help Urgent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

black punto

I havent got a clue what the hell is going on i need to open my bonnet i have a punto mk2 i tried opening the bonnet today pulling the red lever however it seems to be all weak and no mater how far i pull it back it doesnt seem to open it just seems all weak and theres give for it to make the click noise for when u kow the bonnet has been opened ne suggestions are very much appreciated as i know the car is low on oil and water the red pull lever just seems slack and no matter how far u puul it doesnt ge newhere i feel if i yank it too hard i may break it??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/ please help people as soon as possible

custard

you have stretched the cable.you need to get under the front of the car and reach right up to manually pop the bonnet.
been a few threads on this and always punto's.

also try and put paragraphs on your posts as its hard on my old eyes ;)

OP
OP
black punto

black punto

hey thnx for that custard boy once i manually open will it be ok for nex ttime or will i have to keep doing this evferytime also dont think i can get under there as i have a modded bumper and car is lowered 50mm might have to get it on a ramp or somethn

custard

you will need to replace the cable unless its popped of the mechanism,more likely stretched or snapped.
i bet its been getting harder to pop lately?

OP
OP
black punto

black punto

yea it has at the point no where it wont pop or open is it a expensive job would you recccomend i go fiat or could a local mechanicn do the job?