Technical Help Tempra Dying

Currently reading:
Technical Help Tempra Dying

SHEFFWED

hi can anyone tell me in simple terms where the tdc sensor is on a 1992 is and how to remove it,looked on here and one person says its under the timing belt a toothed wheel fixed with an allen screw but cant see it and someone else says its under the battery tray so im lost plz help cheers

SHEFFWED said:
hi can anyone tell me in simple terms where the tdc sensor is on a 1992 is and how to remove it,looked on here and one person says its under the timing belt a toothed wheel fixed with an allen screw but cant see it and someone else says its under the battery tray so im lost plz help cheers

The TDC Sensor is on the clutch/gearbox end of the engine. There should be a cable with a connector along the back of the battery tray, this is the lead to the TDC sensor. The sensor has 2 small bolts holding it in position, remove these, replace the sensor and replace the bolds. DO NOT remove any other bolts or the Allen screw to get the sensor off as you will have to reset your timing.

I changed mine last week this way with no problems.

dscf1188 - picture of TDC sensor.
dscf1189 - fixing bolts.
dscf1190 - cable and connector.

Attachments

• Dscf1188.jpg
    Dscf1188.jpg
    642.5 KB · Views: 97
  • Dscf1189.jpg
    Dscf1189.jpg
    596.6 KB · Views: 77
  • Dscf1190.jpg
    Dscf1190.jpg
    580 KB · Views: 60
My Tempra (1994 1.6 SOHC, monopoint) seems to have the TDC sensor on the alternator side of the engine. Does anyone know if the TDC sensor part is the same as the one on the clutch/gearbox side?

Back