Technical HELP! Rubbing/Squealling at Front Offside Wheel.

Currently reading:
Technical HELP! Rubbing/Squealling at Front Offside Wheel.

shaneparsons

Hi,

I have been having an issue with my modified MK2/2B, recently it has been making a very loud and weird rubbing/squealling noise coming from what sounds like the front offside wheel when I am doing less than 30MPH and turning it may still make the noise at high speeds but the wind is too loud with the windows down to hear. The only thing that comes to mind is the brakes however I have replaced the discs and pads hoping it would fix the issue however it seems to have gotten worse and more regular. The car is lowered quite a lot but this as always been the case and has not been an issue before. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Shane.

Hi,

I have been having an issue with my modified MK2/2B, recently it has been making a very loud and weird rubbing/squealling noise coming from what sounds like the front offside wheel when I am doing less than 30MPH and turning it may still make the noise at high speeds but the wind is too loud with the windows down to hear. The only thing that comes to mind is the brakes however I have replaced the discs and pads hoping it would fix the issue however it seems to have gotten worse and more regular. The car is lowered quite a lot but this as always been the case and has not been an issue before. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Shane.

Could be anything mate. Could even be the bearing or the driveshaft. The driveshafts aren't too keen on being lowered!

Back