500 Help noise when turning fiat 500

Currently reading:
500 Help noise when turning fiat 500

Warb1

Hi

Could really do with some help! I have a fiat 500 2008. Ihave a works car on order and I need to sell my fiat. But as I need to sell it…..Inow have 2 noises coming from the car! The 1st noise happens when Irun through water….such as a puddle and then I hear a flapping sound like aflat tyre but it goes as fast as it arrives and in dry weather its not there atall. The 2nd noise…..every time I go around a corner and turn left(mainly) I hear a metallic noise like a squeak! Sometimes its there for a timeafter turning left and other times it vanishes. Its been in the garage 4times!! They have tightened the back plate as they said that was slack and theyhave fiddled with the exhaust and recently said they breaks have dust on them…sothey cleaned them. I drive away and squeak squeak!!! Pleaaasssseeeee any ideasI can give the garage?

No idea about the flapping noise, but I had that squeaking/chafing noise when I first got my new Fiat a few weeks ago. Turns out the dust plate next to one of the front rotors was too close and would touch the rotor and make this irritating noise. My bf just bent it back a titch with his finger and now it's tickity boo.

Have you had your cv joints checked? I know in past cars I've had ones that needed replacing...they always made the most notable noise when doing a turn. But I guess that was more of a clunking noise than a squeak...

Back