Technical Help me save my fiat ritmo 1.4 tjet :(

Currently reading:
Technical Help me save my fiat ritmo 1.4 tjet :(

Siddhartha3890

Help me save my fiat bravo / ritmo 1.4 tjet :(

HI guys, So, i got a obd2 cable and connected it to my laptop. After scanning it shows the above error.

Can someone please help me to what it means and how to resolve them?

The 2 problems with my car are: 1) Car starts fine, after running it for a while, I turn off the car and then try to turn on, it fails. There is an immobilizer icon that comes up. I tried both my keys at this point. No help 2) When the car starts initially, everything works. The cruse control, hill climb feature and also the rpm and speedo. However, once the car engine temperature reaches its optimal temperatures(The pointer points at the middle of the temperature gauge) things get weird. The cruise control wont work. The rpm and speedo keep going off and coming back on. I noticed that sudden breaks or acceleration gets it back to life. However, only temporarily.

Any help would be deeply appreciated :)

I'm new here. So please help me out.
I Even have a video where i show what happens after the car runs for a while: here is the link, hope it helps -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osMuOfOG_HQ & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4080gUZ4fLU&t=21s

Attachments

• IMG_0520.JPG
    IMG_0520.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Hi auric thanks a lot for replying to my thread. I changed the language,
But after taking that screenshot, I erased the errors, since then Only one error keeps popping up, that is U1601 - sit-can error

So I drove the car almost 10km today. The weather is around 19 degrees here in Sydney in the afternoon. The engine temperature didn't reach the middle ground (or you can say the optimum temperature) till then the car was running smooth as a butter without giving up on abs or hill holder warning.

But I'm sure once it hits the optimal temperature, that is., the middle of the gauge, the problems will arise. As this is usually the case.

Please help me out :)

Last edited:
I would start giving all the main power cables a good cleaning.
the battery terminals, the grounding wires, then go through the ecu connectors, the connections in the engine bay fuse box, the ABS unit connector. etc.

Your problems could also be from something connected on the can network.. like the instrument panel .. or it's just failing as a result of an error on the can network.

An error on the CAN could also cause the immobilizer issue.
You could try and unplug various components from the CAN like the instrument pannel, the abs unit..etc pentform a proxy alignment, the start the car at iddle don't drive it... and see if/when anything fails.

Can I know how many ground cables are present in fiat bravo? And it's location?

Also could you please provide me a few pictures of location of CAN and what all I need to do?

Thanks for your reply

Last edited:
Back