General Help for some Seicento repairs.

Currently reading:
General Help for some Seicento repairs.

PeteCunha

Hey mates, can I ask for your help?

I'm from Portugal, but because I lost my job there, I've decided to try it here in England... And I've buyed a Seicento here, 3 weeks ago...
2 weeks after the EML light apear, and also I started to feel the smell af petrol everytime I fill with petrol...

I've been in a mechanic to make the test on my Seicento and it looks like the EML light on the dash is due to a missfire, so maybe can be spark plugs, cables or coils...
Also need to replace the rear and center exhaust... And also the fuel tank because have a leak (the guy told me this is really a must to change, because can cause fire, and asked me 230 ponds to replace it, when we can buy a new tank for 50)...

The problem is that they ask me a lot of money for the repairs... With 200 pounds I can buy every parts on a car parts shop, but they are asking me around 700 pounds to replace them...
My question is if you know someone that can help me at least changing the fuel tank, cause I don't have any place neither tools to do it here in England...

I'm near Luton in Hemel Hempstead, can someone help me please? I don't know if I can change the tank, but at least I can help and pay for it, not so much but something, off course...

Cheers mates!

Welcome to England :) I'm sure there are members in the Hemel area who will be able to help. While you wait, make sure you get plenty of PlusGas on the bolts holding the tank on as mine sheared during removal. I was lucky to still have just enough thread left to get it to hold on, but better safe than sorry!

Thx a lot mates, Gary will help me as soon as I got the parts...

I hope that I can keep the car, cause i'm enjoing it a lot, almost as much as the portuguese Cinquecento...

Cheers!!!!

Back