Technical Help accelerator pedal loose, high revs?

Currently reading:
Technical Help accelerator pedal loose, high revs?

scottyc1987

my battery has been dead for a month or so, i just charged it and started it and the accelerator pedal is loose and it just revs really high so i turn the engine off..

any1 know what this is and is it easy to fix??

ive just pulled that throttle thing under the bonnet that u can make it rev with, and the pedal went back to normal, but when i pushed it in it stuck again

Most likely your throttle cable is dry as a bone inside. Easiest solution would be to lube the cable using a cable oiling tool, available from motorcycle spares suppliers. Also spray both ends of the mechanism with WD40 to relieve any stickiness in the mechanisms.

Most likely your throttle cable is dry as a bone inside. Easiest solution would be to lube the cable using a cable oiling tool, available from motorcycle spares suppliers. Also spray both ends of the mechanism with WD40 to relieve any stickiness in the mechanisms.

Thanks alot mate, i just sprayed it all with WD40 and it stopped right away.. :)

putting wd on it only solved the problem for a few hours, i went out last night before i went to bed and tried revving it and it stuck again, fortunalty it went in today to have the clutch done and they said they would sort that too

Back