Punto Evo Hello

Currently reading:
Punto Evo Hello

MightyG

Hello

I've just purchased a 2010 Punto Evo.
I've driven it home, all seems very nice so far!
It was a bit strange as my last car was a Mazda 6 Diesel
!No a/c! which my last car had. However I don't expect many more hot days in Blighty for a while.
My main problem with the Mazda was parking, this is now no longer an issue ;)
The user manual has been lost, I've already found the pdf for it on here :)

That's all for now.

It's a 1.4 petrol, 2010 and I think the basic trim levels, I'll try and get a picture. I've had it a few weeks now and it's been a pleasure to drive. I was warned off the 1.2, especially as I had a 1.2 Astra in the past which was seriously under-powered. This Punto has no trouble with the steep hills round here, which is great.
What has taken some getting used to is the low gear ratios. Being able to do 20mph in 4th and 30mph in 5th is baffling to me. Every car I've had previously has been uncomfortable at 30mph in 4th unless it's completely flat and straight. this is beautiful for town driving, but I have been aching for a 6th gear on the motorways though!

It's a 1.4 petrol, 2010 This Punto has no trouble with the steep hills round here, which is great.
What has taken some getting used to is the low gear ratios. Being able to do 20mph in 4th and 30mph in 5th is baffling to me. Every car I've had previously has been uncomfortable at 30mph in 4th unless it's completely flat and straight. this is beautiful for town driving, but I have been aching for a 6th gear on the motorways though!

Medium sized car with a small engine. Lower gear ratios give it a bit more "pep" I suppose.

Back