Punto (Mk2/2b) Hello

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk2/2b) Hello

LandieMan

Hi Guys,

Just bought a 2001 Fiat Punto Go! after many happy years of driving an old Land Rover. For 5 years I have stood by the old girl through thick and thin, replaced engines, replaced gearboxes and used her as an everyday vehicle. I am approaching 23 now and feel I need a reliable vehicle for daily use, so am resting the Landie.

I am really enjoying the comfort and luxury of the Punto, though it is making the sloshing sound from the heater matrix, has had the power steering fail and come back again, and occasionally has power loss (blinking amber light), so for that reason a service is on the cards.

In fact today I did the spark plugs, and for some reason she almost overheated? could be a coincidence, but after a mile or so drive it returned to normal and goes much better than with the old plugs.

I hope everyone is well!

Many thanks,

Harry

Hi Harry,
and welcome,
yes - a BIT of a culture shock I'm sure..!!,
the punto's are quite reliable , the steering is one of the few common issues,

the "sloshing" is probably an air-lock - so no great surprise you had a blip with the engine temp,

have a trawl through the "guides" = top of homepage,
there should be some hints in there about bleeding the system,
or ask in the punto " section for a more informed answer,
cheers,
Charlie

Well the temp went up after I had a play with the system. I opened the screws but got nothing to come out. I should be ok using it like this till I get time though shouldn't I?

do you mean the 2 little plastic screws on the tubes going back of engine into the bulkhead ( to matrix)//,
yes these should pump coolant out = 2 ways of doing it;
over fill the filler neck of the RAD , and then open the 2 screws,

2, open them with the heater on FULL/HOT and the engine running,

both can be a little fiddy,
but it DOES work,

re- the yellow engine light,
the car's ECU should store a code every time this light goes on,
worth getting the codes read , to see what's been playing up,
where are you based??,
a lot of us on here have our own kit to read codes for free,

Charlie

Ah crud - i've just read you mean your punto is swirling, it means there is an airlock or air trapped in the system

you need to overfill the filler hole, open the valve and it'll help push the air out

I find putting the nose up in the air on a drive or stands, it helps no end for helping the air lock to move

ziggy

I should be ok using it though should I not? I've known people's cars to swirl for years.

Christ you think I'd have heard the series swirl?! Lol.

Back